• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Beatles Songs

Wumbo

Okay, seeing as it's been almost a year since the SpongeBob episodes list, I'm in the mood for another. This was inspired by a Much More Music Countdown of the Top 100 songs of the '90s. Given that it's my favourite decade (and presumably others' favourite because it's fucking awesome), I figure we should do something like it here. (Hell, we can even explore other decades after this one if you want.)

Here are some points:

1. What you do is send me a list of your favourite songs from the '90s in order (1 being your very favourite).

2. I left the number blank for now because I wasn't sure if y'all wanted to do Top 50 or Top 100 (like the countdown). If we're going to do Top 100, then I'll either need 50 songs instead of 25 from each person, or a hell of a lot of participants. I'm talkin' nearly all the active members here.

3. If we're only doing 50, I still need a fair amount of participants. 10 or more would be ideal. Remember what happened last time?

4. If y'all would rather do another decade, that's perfectly fine. I'd like to request no earlier than the '60s though.

So, we have some things to decide before this gets underway! Please comment on whether you would like Top 100 or Top 50, and if you want the '90s to be the decade.

Hmm, since there appears to not be enough interest in this, I figured that I'd just go with another idea.

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to see which songs of the '90s are actually the most popular right now. I'm not sure how scientific this is, but I looked up "1990s in music" on Wikipedia for artists, went to ilike.com to find out the most popular '90s song for said artist, went to YouTube to find out how many views the top video for that song has gotten, then ranked them based on that. I can post the Top 100 songs due to my findings if you'd like, with 9 songs per day (and one honourable mention, except for the Top 10). I only have a little bit more "research" to do. Would anyone at all be interested in this?

Hey, I just had another idea: How do guys feel about doing Beatles songs? I think it'll account for more similarities between lists, and therefore better results. Plus, everyone loves The Beatles.