• Advertisement

071b. Karate Island

JCM

It was rigged I tell ya. It was just named the best episode ever to promote Season 4. Or at least that is my feeling about the subject matter these days.

Still, one of my least favorite episodes from this season. Only positive was Pat Morita's guest voice.

3/10

I didn't like the plot, and the whole real estate ending was stupid, not funny IMO. I think it could've been a good episode, but they just sort of messed it up. Definitely not worthy of the #1 ranking.

4/10

The only thing I really liked besides the fact that Pat Morita guest starred was the Bruce Lee references. I actually consider it one of my favorites of Season Four. I don't see it as being the best episode ever at it's time, but I still find it decent.

7/10

I've always been divided on how to rate this episode. Sure it has good moments such as the battles that Sandy got into and I found the plot to be quite interesting, especially the fact that Spongebob was held captive. But in my opinion, the episode lacked humor and major development; nevertheless it was a good episode.

7/10

As predictable as it is, Karate Island is my least favorite Season 4 episode. Let's start with the plot-TERRIBLE. Spongebob becomes King of Karate, then becomes an arrogant (dolphin noise). Then we learn this was a scam to buy real estate. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS MR. MIYAGI! That's another celebrity cameo in the dumpster. I can't stand when SB acts arrogant, so I can't stand this episode. Also, the Four Floors of Fear-WHERE WAS THE FIGHTING? Even though he and Sandy are well matched, he acts he's miles better than Sandy. Man, that was annoying. The humor-wait, what humor? Anyways, I hated Spongebob in this episode, I hated Sandy, too. I also hated Master Udon. If all that's not bad enough, this earned the #1 ON THE BDE COUNTDOWN? No. Just No. So anyways, in my opinion, this is the worst season 4 episode and the sixth worst overall. 

I can understand why many people hates this episode. I think Wishing You Well (It's #2) should be #1. The idea of this episode was interesting and It coud've been one of my favorite episodes too but the execution was terrible. In this episode, SpongeBob was a jerk to Sandy, the part with Four Floors of Fear wasn't even entertaining and the rest of this episode was boring and unfunny. The only funny part was the ending. I also liked the begining, the fight between Sandy and Master Udon and Pat Morita guest starring. One of the worst season 4 episodes. I gave this episode a 3.5/10.

I'm kind of eh toward this episode. It does focus on the Sandy/SpongeBob relationship and have a cameo from Mr. Miyagi, but other than that, it's not that great of an episode. Sandy didn't even use any karate, but instead a hair-dryer, jelly doughnuts, and body odor. SpongeBob was also a complete asshole. One the positive side, the hidden condom joke also made me giggle once I found it out.

Final score: 5.5/10