• Advertisement

005a. Pizza Delivery

JCM

This was always one of my favorite episodes, from when I started watching the show around the turn of the century to now, when despite repeated viewings, I still can't get enough of the thing. I just love how it explores the dynamic between SpongeBob and Squidward, the first episode to prominently feature the two characters alone (besides Reef Blower, but since it's like three minutes and has no sound, I'm not counting it). It starts out as we expect, with SpongeBob annoying Squidward and Squidward yelling at SpongeBob, and as the episode progresses, we get more of the same. But it's the end of the episode, which I'm sure that all of you are familiar with, that truly redefines their relationship. It's not black-and-white anymore; we see a side of Squidward that tolerates the yellow guy and even, dare I say it, considers him as a friend. Of course, he'll never admit that that side of him exists, but the hints that'll be sprinkled through the rest of series will say otherwise.

I called F.U.N. the episode that established SpongeBob's potential for longevity. While I stick with that assertion, I'll add that Pizza Delivery was the episode that established SpongeBob's viability. Without either, the show would not be what it is today, and that's why I consider them-no, that's why I consider the entire first season, if not the best, the most important season of SpongeBob.

This episode is excellent and one of my favorite season 1 episodes but It's too overrated. It's not really top 10 worthy or not even top 20 worthy. I've seen much better episodes than this but It's still a funny episode. Also I think this is the first SpongeBob episode that I watched. SpongeBob driving the car and he backing up was hilarious. SpongeBob and Squidward hitchhike was funny. SpongeBob singing "The Krusty Pizza Song" was hilarious. Squidward eating a coral made me laugh. SpongeBob running over Squidward with a rock cracked me up. I also loved the part when Squidward standed up to SpongeBob and he throwing the pizza in the jerk costumer's face LIKE A BOSS!!! The ending was funny too but I kinda felt bad for Squidward. Overall, I love this episode but I've seen better episodes than this. 10/10

Priceless

Incomparable

Ze classic

Ze Krusty Krab Pizza, is the pizza for you and me

A true great

Diet Dr. Kelp

Excellent

one of Le best Season 1 episodes

It's for the customer!

Very witty

hEartwarming when Squidward told SpongeBob that the customer liked the pizza

kRrrrrrrrusssssty kre-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-b pizza is the pizza, yeah, for you and, meeeeee-yeeeee-yeeeee

You'll enjoy it.

My favorite part of this episode is where Spongebob sings: "The Krusty KRAB...KRAB...KRAB PIZZA!!!! Is the Pizza for you and...(in high voice)...ME...ME...ME...HEE-HEE!!!!" :D Also like the fact that this is one of the first times that we get to see that Squidward DOES care about Spongebob's feelings when they are hurt. Just goes to show you that sometimes, the customer ISN'T always RIGHT! :hysterical: I'd give it a 9.4 out of 10. ;)