• Advertisement

041a. The Algae's Always Greener

JCM

Awesome episode that deserves more recognition. Great way to kick off Season 3. My only (minor) quibble with it is SpongeBob's "Enh... enh... enh..." face. I really don't like it. But like I said, this quibble is minor, and I love the episode.

My 3rd favorite season 3 episode. Why does this episode always seem to go out early in the best episode ever contest for season 3? it was hilarious! It has the best plankton qoutes and a whole ton of funny moments! when i joined tv.com, It was nearly a nightmare trying to get this episode off in the worst episode ever contest.

11/10

It's a great start to my favorite season. This episode was very funny and very creative. It's not one of the best season 3 episodes or one of my favorite SpongeBob episodes but It's still an enjoyable episode. In my opinion, the best part of this episode is the part when Plankton going through a hole of space and time and then drinking a soda. Squidward being the fry cook was very funny. SpongeBob's "SOILED IT" line was very funny. Mr. Krabs' parts in this episode was very funny. Victory screech part really cracked me up. Also Plankton eating Holographic meatloaf at the ending was very funny too but In my opinion the ending is rushed. I rate this episode 10/10.

This was the first episode of Season 3, and it was also the first episode to really develop Plankton as a character. Before now, he was nothing but your run-of-the-mill bad guy, who only desired the Krabby Patty secret formula and the power it would bring him. There were some glimpses of Plankton's soft side in the Season 1 episode F.U.N., but it didn't go nearly as deep into his psyche as this episode did. It starts out with Plankton failing at yet another burger-swiping scheme, and after getting flicked home, he despairs about how he can't live the life of luxury that Mr. Krabs does. Karen points to a contraption that would let him do just that (how convenient!), and when Plankton uses it, it sends him to an alternate universe where he runs the Krusty Krab. Though things could have very well been peachy keen after that, it wouldn't have made for very good television, so we get an extra-annoying SpongeBob and an extra-bratty Pearl to push Plankton's buttons during his experiment. Then, of course, there's naked Krabs, whose goal in life is to steal a Krabby Patty and ruin the restaurant (sound familiar?). All of this drives Plankton over the edge, and he buzzers out of the crazy dimension with what is probably his best line in the entire series.

The episode was the best start to any season of SpongeBob, with a creative plot, memorable characters, and an energy that can leave one breathless.

I don't really like this one.. Other than that it comes on way too often, the episode just disturbs me.

It's just so bizarre. I can't really put my finger on it. I don't laugh at any of the jokes, because everything is just far too random for me.

It's kinda stupid actually.. I'm sorry for the people who like it. 6,6/10.

This episode was very good, and was an interesting way to start the best season of Spongebob. It's a type of episode I like to classify as trippy/psychedelic (though you could say the entire show is like that, lol) in that it's quite different in it's plot. Some may even say it's just strange, but it works well as both a look into Plankton's mentality concerning his rivalry with Mr. Krabs and his dissatisfaction with his own life, not to mention just a funny episode overall. Several moments are truly memorable (Plankton drinking his soda at odd times, Mr. Krabs with er, no clothes), and a couple have even transcended the episode itself to become memes (Spongebob's face while being critiqued, and SOILED IT!). Amazingly, some of the later episodes in S3 are even better, but this is a great one too.

Score: 8.5/10

Edited by Magic24
  • Like 1