• Advertisement

059. The Sponge Who Could Fly (Lost Episode)

JCM

Pretty rare for me to discuss an episode, but still...

This is the one I'd consider as a least favorite to my opinion. I like the walk cycles scene, Patchy's scene kind of took nearly half of the episode, but it was pretty entertaining, and the songs were pretty good. What ruins my score is the mean-spirited elements and Spongebob abuse for the minority.

Too much unnecessary hate for this one. Not excellent, because of the mean-spiritedness that the townsfolk exhibit, but still a pretty solid 8/10.

Also, I still don't understand the Patchy hate, but whatever. I actually found his role in this episode to be quite entertaining.

I've seen this episode once. Why is that? Instead of playing that Enchanted Tiki Dreams junk, why not play some old episodes that don't come on TV much anymore?

Anyways... I wasn't too much of a fan of this story... but Spongebob still has his awesome character, so I'll rate it 7/7.9 out of 10.

WHAT? This is the lost episode? I was so disappointed. I was expecting much better this special. This episode wasn't good actually, in fact this is the worst season 3 episode ever. This episode has potential in my opinion but I don't think the writers executed it very well. The main reason why I don't like this episode is Bikini Bottomies, also there were some boring parts in this episode. Bikini Bottomies were at their one of the worst in this episode. At first, they laugh at SpongeBob and call him birdman because SpongeBob's attempts to fly faied. Later they want SpongeBob to help them all time after SpongeBob get the ability to fly. When SpongeBob tries escape to Jellyfishing Fields, they tries to catch him because they want more favors of him.  You know what part really pissed me off more? The part when one of Bikini Bottomies said "No! He owes us favors!". WHAT? They owe SpongeBob favors, not SpongeBob. SpongeBob helps them because he is kind but they wanted SpongeBob to become their butler. Bikini Bottomies are the worst characters in pre-movie era without a doubt. I don't hate this episode because I laughed at some parts in this episode, I loved Patchy's segment and I liked the songs in this episode. Overall, one of the most disappointing SpongeBob specials and one of the worse pre-movie episodes. 6/10

• Like 2

WHAT? This is the lost episode? I was so disappointed. I was expecting much better this special. This episode wasn't good actually, in fact this is the worst season 3 episode ever. This episode has potential in my opinion but I don't think the writers executed it very well. The main reason why I don't like this episode is Bikini Bottomies, also there were some boring parts in this episode. Bikini Bottomies were at their one of the worst in this episode. At first, they laugh at SpongeBob and call him birdman because SpongeBob's attempts to fly faied. Later they want SpongeBob to help them all time after SpongeBob get the ability to fly. When SpongeBob tries escape to Jellyfishing Fields, they tries to catch him because they want more favors of him.  You know what part really pissed me off more? The part when one of Bikini Bottomies said "No! He owes us favors!". WHAT? They owe SpongeBob favors, not SpongeBob. SpongeBob helps them because he is kind but they wanted SpongeBob to become their butler. Bikini Bottomies are the worst characters in pre-movie era without a doubt. I don't hate this episode because I laughed at some parts in this episode, I loved Patchy's segment and I liked the songs in this episode. Overall, one of the most disappointing SpongeBob specials and one of the worse pre-movie episodes. 6/10

I completely agree with almost all of this. I didn't really like the musical bits - I think they shouldn't be in there.

There were some good bits, so my rating is 6.5/10.

• Like 1