• Advertisement

058a. Missing Identity

JCM

In my Top 10. With that being said, I need to get to making a Top 10 very soon, scratch that, 10 episodes wouldn't be able to hold the glory. Change that to twenty.

Never gets old. Funny, awesome, (I tend to say those things alot when it comes to Season 3 episodes.) and all around great.

Maybe I should do a Top Fifty? >.>

This episode was very hilarious. It's one of the best SpongeBob episodes. I laughed at many parts in this episdoe. SpongeBob repeating everything that he did in the morning kinda got repetitve but It didn't get old for me in my opinon. SpongeBob saying "The most important meal of the day! Serving it up, Gary's way!", then feding Gary and then tasting snail food part cracked me up. SpongeBob gasping in this episode was hilarious. Patrick's "Hi, SpongeBoob" part was funny. The ending was very funny too. 10/10

• Like 1

There's nothing I love more than an episode that changes up the regular format of the series, and Missing Identity, which starts out in a noir-like manner, is no exception. This episode parodies the moody crime dramas that were prevalent in the 40s and 50s, and sprinkles in some of the underwater silliness that we had come to expect from the show, to great success. SpongeBob tells the story of how he lost the titular identity, (which is really a name tag) and the steps he took to find it. There is no femme fatale or corrupt policeman, but there is a Patrick, and that's all we need. SpongeBob attempts to find his missing identity, and Patrick messes everything up at every turn. Despite this, they do end up finding SpongeBob's name tag, and where it is may surprise you. Unless you've seen the episode before. Then you won't be surprised at all. Either way, it's a very strong episode, and even though the episode it was paired with (Plankton's Army) got pretty much all of the promotion for the week leading up to its premiere night, Missing Identity undoubtedly came out on top. Here's to looking at you, sponge.

• Like 1