• Advertisement

banoon's PLAYLIST OF GR8 MUSIC (because there aren't enough of these already)

banoon

ok so i've been wanting to make a nice little playlist for a while and this is as good a place as any to do it

so here's the deal im gonna try make this a bit different from all the other threads of this nature, mostly by putting music the other guys wouldnt

it's not all gonna be ALL TIME FAVOURITES just stuff i'm enjoying at the time

so expect some experimental pop, psychedelic obscurities, depressing post-punk, avant-garde jazz, tape music, canterbury progrock music, freak folk, angry european women slamming on their harmoniums, post-avant jazzcore, noise rock, heroin addicts whining at the top of their lungs, non-shitty underground hip-hop, amazing lost vidya game soundtracks, herky-jerky no wave, the occasional free improv record, industrial cabaret, progressive folk, krautrock, w/e i feel like posting at the time

idk how many people on this board will enjoy this shit, except maybe elastic dog and dragiiin

let us start with a song from what might be my very favourite album of all the times (Desperate Straights by Slapp Happy and Henry Cow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ehBL3bVrI

coming out of that aforementioned "herkyjerky no wave" category, here is the maddest, herkiest-jerkiest and most weirdly danceable fucking music ever recorded by an old and perennially underrated underground band from Philadelphia:

Radiohead(my favourite band; they can do anything and every genre and it will sound awesome and beautiful and haunting all at once. Nothing will ever match OK Computer or Kid A -banoon

WHERES YOUR RADIOHATE NOW BANOON?

gr8 job you found my pleb phase

i don't hate radiohead they're just overrated and derivative lol

straight out of the "women are better than men" stockpile:

There's a radio station near here called XPN that has this show called Land of the Lost where they play new wave and post-punk and what not every Friday. Could've sworn I heard the Stick Men during the Philly local edition.

your radio station kicks ass

women are better than men, #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJN9bGRWoQ

never reissued on CD for some fucking reason. psychedelic folk masterpiece with pretty much the best vocalist that will ever exist. she goes from screams to whispers in a second, and does it with style. it doesn't even matter that i don't know french =P

the cover is interesting too. it's really surreal to see this hot european badass chick standing next to a bunch of smelly hippies, but that's the way it goes

the version on youtube is played too fast because it's rippled shittily, which also manifests itself in the awfulness of the sound quality but it gets the point across

[i'm aware that i'm pretty much ranting to an empty room here but idc]

DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME DON'T BELIEVE IN ME