• Advertisement

105a. The Splinter

Jinjo

Oh god, 2010 Steel alert.

Seriously though, I'd give this a 6.1/10. I still think this is an overhated episode. I give it a mediocre rating not because of the splinter scenes everyone's screaming bloody murder about, but because I felt the jokes were non-existent and one of few moments where Patrick's character was at its worst.

On 4/11/2010 at 7:30 AM, WumboJack Horseman said:

Ohhh, Lord. Quite possibly the most underrated episode of all time. And most of the complaints are prissy-ass prudes whining "THE EPISODE WAS TOO GROSS, EWWW ANIMATED GOOP!!!1111" Go watch reruns of Mister Rogers' Neighbourhood and get off my Internet.

To honor the 10th anniversary of such a masterful episode, this post deserves special recognition. 

• God Himself 2

I can’t believe I used to find this episode medicore before....while i’m not actually grossed out by it (Though that one scene where Patrick hits the splinter with a wooden spike and hammer still disturbs me badly and I do question why they made the splinter itself look like that throughout the episode) I find it terrible for other reasons. First of all Squidward is beyond unlikeable to the point where I just can’t stand it (Because telling SB he’ll be forced to go to work while he cries and gets worried about it is funny somehow?). But tbf thats not the only part that I despise since out of all horrible things to come from this ep entirely is....Patrick...Why did he even need to be here....he acted like a obnoxious idiot who wanted to go his own direction...seriously why did they make him this idiotic and infuriating here (and most of S6 in general). Ending itself is terrible too as Squidward just gets himself hurt only for Mr Krabs to shift ended two minutes ago...its really not funny and rather uncomfortable to see Squidward get hurt like that. Even outside of these moments the episode really lacks comedy (note gag is the only funny thing I can remember) and is seriously boring in general.

While its not as bad as its sister episode (which I will get too later), I still truly hate this episode and it potentially has a chance of making my worst list

Rating: Wyoming/10