• Advertisement

Sub-Tropical Academy

Steel Sponge

12. The Ambush

Outside of the Shadow Bark’s domain, Sandy, along with Amber, and Jeff, along with Chase, were making their way closer to the entrance. All around the area, it appeared to be unguarded.

“We’ve made it our main destination,” said Jeff. “Have you contacted the others about where we are, Sandy?”

“I tried calling the students, but they haven’t answered,” Sandy responded. “I can’t even reach the little square dude.”

“I got a call from Clifford,” Amber chimed in. “Clifford said he and Sonia is going to break into the Shadow Bark base. We ought to go inside now since I can’t handle Clifford being in these dangerous situations.”

“You’ve trusted him to fend off one of the Shadow Bark guys and he accomplished that,” said Jeff. “I think he should be doing fine.”

“This time is different, though,” Amber asserted. “Do any of you even know what Udon is like?”

“SpongeBob and I haven’t seen him face to face in a long time,” said Sandy. “I’ve taken care of him once, but he ain’t a pushover. I doubt that he’s stayed the same, so we all got to hope that we have a chance against him.”

“We’ll never know until we face him ourselves,” Chase remarked. “I don’t see a reason to be threatened by him. By the way, Amber, why are you only concerned about Clifford when Sonia is taking the same risk? I could tell it’s because of your crush on him.”

“Sonia and Clifford are equally important since I’m the only medical support here,” Amber replied. “It’s just that my mind has been so focused on Clifford. Sonia is strong so I believe she can handle herself against the Shadow Bark. I care so much about Clifford because I know him more, so to answer your question, Chase…yes. I do love him.”

“Come on fellas, we should be thinking about if it’s okay to go head inside that place,” said Sandy.

“Let’s go in now!” Chase said with an impatient tone. “What are we waiting for?”

“Well, don’t y’all think this is a trap since there doesn’t seem to be anyone around to watch over us?” Sandy suggested.

“I don’t even see anyone behind us, so she has a point,” Jeff added. “It’s best to wait around until we can sense any imminent action from the Shadow Bark.”

“Look behind you again…” a voice uttered.

Sandy, Jeff, Amber, and Chase turned around, with the person behind them revealing himself as Udon.

“Long time, no see…squirrel,” he then spoke.

Within a separate section outside of the Shadow Bark fortress, Levi was roaming across the thicket until he got stalled by Tobey’s presence.

“Hey, I’ve been waiting for us to meet,” said Tobey.

“What do you want, Tobey?” Levi asked. “You should be focusing on our mission.”

“Of course I am, why wouldn’t I be?” Tobey replied. “Udon changed course the instant he knew that your former academy was getting closer to our boundaries. I defeated that one bitch from my ninja troop. I could’ve turned her in to the Shadow Bark or killed her, but I chose just to leave her behind.”

“Where is she now?” Levi replied.

“Why do you care? She was from the academy that you chose to abandon. Is that why you didn’t come back here with that Terrence fellow? You two are sworn enemies so I would know you came back from fighting him. I can tell by the blood stains on your clothes and on your face that you must have killed him.”

Levi looked down on himself to see the stains on his Shadow Bark karategi. He responded shortly after, uttering to Tobey, “No, I did the same thing you did towards Sonia and left him behind.”

“So that’s it then, they both probably went running back to their dojo. I also assume that your blindfold is off because you just began to see what you’ve done.”

“Yes. I’ve since then realized what Udon was doing about that and I’m sure not going to keep listening to him.”

“Come on, whose side do you think you’re on?”

Levi didn’t say a word on Tobey’s query.

“Forget what I said then, I’m only here to even out our odds. You’re going to fight me and that’s happening even if you don’t want to! While Udon is still biding his time in giving us our next phase of this mission, we’re going to see which one of us is the strongest. I don’t care if you got an ancient spirit helping you. I want to see if I can pummel you without one myself.”

“I hate to break it to you, but I got two. If this is what it takes to get through to Udon, then let’s do this.” Levi concluded as he and his associates readied their positions in an instant.

Tobey lets out the first attack in the karate match with a swift punch to Levi’s chest. Levi reacted by then shifting to a blocking position, a move that put Terrence into Levi’s mind. Keeping himself focused, Levi waited for Tobey to use his next attack, going for a right-legged sweeping kick, which Levi manages to dodge. Levi goes back into his fighting position and starts throwing few punches at Tobey from left to right. After taking the first two hits, Tobey avoided the rest. Levi would then notice that his attacks were considerably less aggressive than during his match with Terrence. Levi then tries to land some reasonable damage on Tobey with a right-legged high kick and then a left-handed jab to his left-sided abdomen. He manages to land them yet Levi continues to notice that the impacts of his hits have regulated. With overconfidence, Levi tried throwing his next variety of punches and kicks with more intensity, only for most of them to be avoided by Tobey as Levi would then be struck by his opponent with forceful low sweeping left-to-right kicks and right-to-left punches. Tobey would stop the moment Levi backs himself away from Tobey’s range.

Dammit, Levi thought. Jin Li is holding me back isn’t it, or is it also because of Dou Gou clashing with it?

Levi resumed his match by going for a flying kick. Tobey interrupts this, grabbing him by the leg and then landing a punch to his gut. Levi was fast enough to break his fall by touching the ground with his right hand. Regaining his stance, Levi then tries to divert Tobey’s focus by zooming around the field until then realizing that his speed has been reduced. Levi is then halted when Tobey jumps in front of him to land a knifehand strike on him. Levi repositions himself to a blocking stance and then resorts to avoiding Tobey’s low sweeping kicks and as well as his left-to-right punches. Levi shifts his stance and then goes for a knifehand strike towards Tobey’s middle abdomen while he continued using attacks. Tobey was fast enough to react and dodged, while also then evading more of Levi’s kicks and punches. Levi continued to try and land a hit on Tobey while he stuck to his dodging strategy until Levi got a low sweeping kick on him. Tobey began parrying afterwards, blocking off more of Levi’s punches and kicks until landing a punch to his chin.

Levi jumped back again and waited for Tobey’s next turn. Tobey ran back towards where Levi stood and threw a punching move with a strong amount of force. Having anticipated the attack, Levi ducked to avoid it and then landed another low sweeping kick onto Tobey and subsequently landing a couple of punches on Tobey’s arms. Tobey returned to parrying and watched as Levi continued at his attempts in wearing him out to little success. Tobey shifted to his fighting position and threw at Levi a left-legged high kick, causing for him to numb the damage. Just a little before Levi could react, Tobey landed Levi with a few knuckle strikes to his neck and chest. Levi had brought himself into his blocking position while Tobey kept going with his hostile strategy. Tobey’s impending low sweeping kicks give Levi a feeling of pain. Levi remained in his blocking position to sustain the severity from more of Tobey’s knuckle strikes.

Levi returned to his fighting stance by the time Tobey stopped for more than a second. Getting closer in Tobey’s range, he used his knuckle strike technique, throwing around his arms from left to right, after one punch landed on the right side of Tobey’s face, he reverted to blocking. In a flash, Tobey stretched out his arms and then swung a fist into Levi’s stomach. Afterwards, Tobey landed a high kick attack and then did several more knuckle strikes at Levi’s neck and chest until he saw blood coming out of his mouth. At that moment, Levi signaled an end to the match on his part.

“I knew it! You’re defying us, aren’t you?” Tobey assumed. “Is that why your karate techniques got softer?”

Levi, breathing heavily from the damage he received, responded “The two spirits are raging inside me. You can just consider yourself lucky.”

“Some things just aren’t fair,” Tobey replied. “Our match settled it that I am better than even you, Levi. So I consider my victory fair.”

“Rub it in all you want, but just so you know, I didn’t bring myself all the way here for you,” Levi retorted.

“Fine, if you want to speak to Master Udon, I’ll take us to him. …Before I do though, there’s one offer I need to make with you.”

Levi and Tobey were now walking through the back entrance of the Shadow Bark fortress. Tobey turned around directly towards Levi after they stopped at a vacant space within the very passage.

“Levi…” Tobey spoke. “I always knew that Udon was keeping something for you. You took something that I could’ve had for myself, and I hate you for that. However, we can bury the hatchet right here, right now, if you can transfer me one of your spirits…”

“You mean Dou Gou?” Levi questioned.

“Oh yes, that is the one,” Tobey replied. “So, what do you say? You can’t run away from this offer too, because if you hesitate, I will take it by force.”

“Fine, if you want it so badly, then you can have it!” Levi scowled.

“Hey, don’t be so loud.”

“I don’t know how this will work, Tobey.”

“We’ll enter the spirit world and I’ll see how we can work this out.”

It was at the moment that both Levi and Tobey started to concentrate on their thoughts when Sonia and Cyrene sprung down to action with a surprise attack on Tobey. Levi stared at Tobey while the latter was struggling to fend off his now-former ninja troop associates.

How did they know? Tobey thought.

It was now just several minutes before Sonia launched her ambush. During that time, she was apprehended by Cyrene and the rest of the ninja brethren that she was once part of.

With a sense of déjà vu, Sonia looked around to see herself reliving the moment of being captured by the ninja troop while inside the hollow of a tree. One thing was different, which was Tobey’s absence. At the center of the room was Cyrene. From left to right was the rest of the ninja kinship with their faces obscured.

“What do you want from me this time?” Sonia asked.

“Sonia, I know how you feel about us. I need you to listen to me for this one time,” said Cyrene.

“Not a chance in hell,” Sonia argued.

“Then I’ll have to just break the ice. I know now what happened to Laura,” Cyrene continued. “I’ve also known from your fight with Tobey that we were wrong to have him and the Shadow Bark on our side.”

“You were eavesdropping,” Sonia restated. “Even if you admit it to me that you’ve made some mistakes, that doesn’t matter so much to me. You and the rest of your classmates stilled worked with the Shadow Bark to try and get on my good side once, and it’s not going to happen again.”

Feeling defeated by the truth in Sonia’s words, Cyrene paused for a moment until saying, “Yes…and it took us a while for us to understand that you wanted your own peace of mind. We did what we did by accepting Udon’s invitation to make it all the way here to Brazil because that’s how much we care about you, Sonia.”

“Yeah, right…”

“I’m not finished. I didn’t watch your fight with Tobey just so I could check on you. I needed to know what Tobey was up to as well because he’s been skipping days at the ninja academy, and it turns out he decided to leave us for his own gain.”

“All that Tobey told me about his business is that he wants something from Levi and he wants to challenge him to a fight.”

“It won’t be long before we’re able to find him then. However, since you’re familiar with this Levi person, you’ll have to help us out in apprehending him.”

“I’ve been trying to tell you this several times before, I’m not helping you, nor am I helping your ninja troop! This is your problem, not mine, and you may only want me in for your personal gain. I’ve been done with my past as a medical ninja for a while, and I’m just about to be done with karate.”

Sonia then turned her back towards the exit of the tree hollow.

“Sonia,” Cyrene called out, “before you go, there are a few more things I need to say to you. We all want to leave Tobey in the past like you do and I want to assist you with your whole situation with him to make up for siding with the Shadow Bark. This is not about me or my ninja troop, this is all about you. Laura may be gone, but that doesn’t mean you should leave behind your fighting spirit. If we take care of Tobey together, we can make her proud. I’m being 100 percent honest here and if you don’t trust me after I say all this then just go ahead and fight me.”

Seeming to be eager for a match against Cyrene, Sonia made her right hand into a fist and clenched it. Releasing her grip, Sonia stopped and turned around to face Cyrene.

“I won’t do it.” Sonia responded, “Lucky for you, I’m not in the best shape to fight right now. By the way…I’ll accept your help, but if you want to earn my trust, you’ll have to prove it to me. We’re in this together and if you leave me behind once, then we’re done for good. You got that?”

Cyrene smiled and said “Thank you for your understanding. Now, if Levi and Tobey are both in cahoots with the Shadow Bark, it’s likely they’ll be settled in the hideout of their society. That should be where we’ll make our surprise attack on Tobey and take Levi from the Shadow Bark.”

The sound of footsteps were heard from outside. An individual then enters the tree hollow-encircled base, late revealing himself as Clifford.

“Are you in there, Sonia?” Clifford asked. “Are you in any danger?”

“Hey, are you a friend of Sonia’s?” Cyrene inquired. Clifford responded with a simple nod. “We’d like for you to do something.”

Back to the present, Sonia and Cyrene continued to try and hold off Tobey while Levi ran further on through the passage to the fortress’s central dome. After some time, Tobey was able to outperform Sonia and Cyrene by hitting them with a few low, sweeping kicks, laying on them a series of jabs with his fists, and then grabbing them by the hands to detain them.

“You too, Cyrene…” Tobey mused. “I never would’ve thought.”

“You were the one who ditched us,” Cyrene argued.

It was not long after the commotion that Udon had arrived.

“What was all that havoc I’ve heard, young Tobey?” Udon inquired.

“Levi is defying our troop,” Tobey explained. “He escaped from me, but I managed to catch these two in the middle of their act.”

“They’re both one of yours, aren’t they?” Udon asked before then walking closer to Tobey to touch him on the left shoulder and then continue the conversation, saying to him, “I do know that this was going to happen with Levi sooner than later. Go ahead now and join us at our assembly room. Levi is none of your concern now.”

Upon his master’s orders, Tobey walked along the hall with Sonia and Cyrene still at his grasp, being followed back by Udon to the aforementioned place. High above the passage, Clifford was examining the situation and followed their trail.

Clifford looked down on the assembly room, seeing Udon and Tobey enter with two more of what would seem to be their prisoners. Sonia and Cyrene were joined by SpongeBob, Sandy, Armando, Jeff, Dustin, Jasmine, Amber, Liam, Diego, and Chase as they were all being detained by a group of surrounding members of the Shadow Bark. As Clifford got closer, he also peered down to see Levi sitting on Udon’s throne made out of roots. He was waiting for Udon and his imminent reprisal.

“Levi, please get out of my seat,” Udon ordered.

Levi voluntarily stood up and jumped out of the respective throne. He then said to Udon, “I have some unfinished business with you.”

“So have I!”

All of a sudden, Terrence appeared in the assembly room, having come in from the same side as Levi and Tobey, with all eyes on Udon.

“Jin Li shared its power with me, so come get some, Udon!” He exclaimed.

Terrence was rushing over with a knuckle strike type of attack aiming straight for Udon. In another shocking turn, Terrence’s strategy was interrupted by a strong, unpredicted whiplash that slammed Terrence to the wall. Afterwards, he was detained by Lamar.

“It looks like I can’t hide my motives anymore,” said Udon.

“Y’all have some ‘splaining to do, and I know it has to do with some pyramid scheme,” Sandy provoked.

“Yeah, you tell him, Sandy,” said SpongeBob.

“Laugh all you want that this has all something to do with money, you’re not wrong but, there’s more than just that,” Udon was explaining. “For eight years, or least it felt like eight years after I’ve failed to sell a condo to you, SpongeBob, I’ve done some travelling. I searched all across the sea for answers on how I could get myself one step ahead in riches and in personal strength. When I learned about connecting to the spirit world through mediation, I found the answer that would help me excel beyond what I’ve bargained for. I came across a spirit that I’ve learned was a spirit of chaos in ancient times, reduced to a frail body that I knew could be fixed. Legend has it that defeating many adversaries and having great wealth would bring the spirit’s attention to one’s self and rebuild its strength. Of course, Levi and Dou Gou were responsible for all the dojo masters that had been outmatched and for every contract I’ve settled with them across Brazil. Simple as that, I took the responsibility in order for the spirit to share its power with me. That spirit’s name is Konton.”

“Alright, we heard your story. What are you going to do now that you have us all rounded up like this?” Jasmine questioned.

“All of you? You’ve mistaken,” Udon responded, “I know someone from the academy is missing…”

Knowing that his cover has already been blown, Clifford made his confrontation with Udon, jumping down from his hiding spot right in front of him.

“You’ll have to get through me now,” said Clifford. “I’ve been scared before, but I am no longer scared. I’m not even afraid to fight you.”

“Is that so?” Udon responded. “I’m sure you don’t want to end up like one of my own…”

A surrounding group of Shadow Bark members then backed themselves away to reveal one of the higher ranking disciples. That figure not only appeared to be Karmen, she was also revealed to have been beaten and reduced of most of her blood. Seeing Karmen in such great pain had brought back the intense feeling of fear into Clifford’s mind, his nerves causing his body to bend down in terror. Thereafter, he was detained by Daisuke.

“Karmen!” Armando exclaimed, trying to make his way over to her, yet was still held up by the Shadow Bark crowd.

“How odd for someone who has planned on defying us to care about someone in our society so much,” Udon remarked.

“I had to tell them…” Karmen groaned. “Please stay where you are…

“What did you do?” Armando demanded towards Udon.

“Sure you must’ve known that revealing your own society’s secrets is a major taboo for the Shadow Bark,” Udon reminded. “She, a member of our society, defied against it and so she had to serve some severe punishment.”

“Please hang in there, Karmen,” said Armando.

“It’s okay…” Karmen responded. “I did…predict…that something like this could happen to me…”

“So where was I?” Udon continued. “SpongeBob, Sandy, you have no choice but to transfer your dojo to me since I have you two and your top students captured. Armando, since you’ve broken the oath you made to the Shadow Bark, you’ll also have no choice but to sign your family’s dojo to me.”

SpongeBob, Sandy, and Armando each responded to Udon’s orders with protesting silence.

“Well...since you all refuse, I will have to take drastic measures then, and I know where to start,” Udon said and turned to face one of his pupils... “Levi!”

Levi responded to Udon’s call with a scowling look on his face, having waited to receive his attention.

“You may have violated our rules too, but I have decided to spare you since there was at least one more offer that I have to make with you,” Udon continued. “The fate of your former allies depends on you. No matter your cause, however, you’ll be helping me strengthen Konton’s power. You understand why I need for it to happen, right? There is so much to know about life that can only be known if I could be able to exceed the power of the mightiest spirits. Swear your loyalty to the Shadow Bark and you’ll be spared and you’ll keep your powers too. Those from your old academy who opposed will be spared too, but they’ll still have to give up their dojo to me. If you’re against us, then you will be punished and I will make it so that the sponge and squirrel will have to surrender the academy. There’s no use escaping this scenario. All you can do is choose, Levi.”

Levi examined the Shadow Bark base all around him. He loomed over at the teachers and classmates of his former academy before then taking a good gaze at Terrence. He then looked over to see his Shadow Bark folks, and then looked back at Udon. He turns around to face his old academy folks once more, to give them the notion that he has made his choice. He stepped closer to Udon and said…

“If staying with your group means I can still use Jin Li and Dou Gou to my advantage…then that’s the sole reason I’ll do it.”

Without Udon’s warning, Levi then jabbed at Udon with a punch to his middle abdomen. Udon jumped backwards after being able to sustain the damage within seconds.

“Don’t tell me anything else, because there’s a deal I’d like to make too,” Levi continued. “If I win in a match with you, you’ll have to cut all those contracts you’ve made because of me and you’ll have to end the Shadow Bark for good. You’ll also have to spare those who came all this way for me and swear you’ll never bother us again.”

“You’ve made quite a hard bargain,” Udon muttered. “Fine then, we’ll settle this with a match. Konton and I will be waiting for you in the spirit world.”

Udon then rested his mind and body, prompting for his soul to enter the spirit world in a flash.

Sending off the decade with the end of this spin-off. Of course, there's still the epilogue to be written up, but for the most part, it's now over.

13. Academy Report

As Udon left the Shadow Bark fortress to enter the spirit realm, Levi followed suit. The two confronted each other with their own attachments within the white void: Udon with Konton and Levi with Dou Gou and his shared fragment of Jin Li. Konton’s body appeared to resemble a golden eel.

“Do you intend to fight me with both Jin Li and Dou Gou?” Udon questioned.

“Do I have any other option?” Levi responded. “You have your own set of rules for this match, right?”

“Indeed I do,” Udon replied. “This will be karate that will test our abilities in using spirits. Our spirits will be the ones doing the fighting, but I will show no mercy against you. The winner is able to keep the bargain one has made, simple as that.”

Levi stretched his body, looked around at his two spiritual attachments and then spoke to Udon, “I already know I’m taking a big risk facing you with a powerful spirit. I’ve had my life on the line numerous times since I came to my old karate school and when I came to you, though I regret putting my trust in you. Because I’ve been through so much during this whole experience, I know that this is a risk I can take.”

“You’ve grown as a student of my own,” Udon remarked. “If you can surpass my skills, you’ll earn the right to call yourself a karate master, Levi.”

“Sure, but I’m not going to give myself that title in your vain!”

“I expected to hear that…now perish!”

As Udon and Levi’s respective spirits began to clash, the main point of view returns to within the Shadow Bark fortress where SpongeBob, Sandy, Armando, their students, and Cyrene remain restrained by Udon’s forces, with Tobey standing around keeping watch.

Tobey walks over to Cyrene and taunts, “Looks like I was right to leave my old ninja troop hanging like how I left Laura to die.”

“Shut up,” Sonia uttered. “We didn’t storm this place so we could hear you gloat.”

“You know, Cyrene, it’s not too late to leave your troop and take Karmen’s place in the top ranking members of the Shadow Bark,” Tobey offered.

“After all this time, do you think I’d be so much of a dumbass to accept anything from you!?” Cyrene argued.

“I wouldn’t listen to someone whose ego is bigger than his own brain,” Terrence spoke, directing his words towards Cyrene. “He is clearly trying to tempt you into double-crossing you again.”

Tobey turned around to see Terrence, still bloodied and bruised from his previous, cruel match with Levi, and he said to him, “I can already tell that you’re the one that Levi has been telling stories about, like how you let him get driven out of your dojo so he could seek guidance from Master Udon. I’ve also already figured out that you’re also the main reason why my original plans for being in this society went down the crapper. I haven’t been able to get as close to Master Udon when he let Levi walk all over me.”

“Keep going,” Terrence tempted. “I wouldn’t tend to try and waste my time on people like you, but you’re someone else, you’re always making me feel sick to my stomach. From what I can see in you, you’re like Levi and yet while he’s been able to realize and overcome his mistakes, you show no remorse. What’s your excuse for that?”

“My excuse, you ask?” Tobey turned back and put on a smirk, answering to Terrence, “That’s none of your concern. Also, to argue with your claim, I’d say that I’m more like the master I serve. I chose to go the path that I’ve made. Like Master Udon, it thrills me to make others feel miserable, so I’ve felt a connection to him and took up the opportunity to join the Shadow Bark when I realized that I could take advantage of the power he’s taking for himself.”

“So, if I’m right, the main reason why you’ve turned to Udon is so that you could eventually double-cross him for your own selfish gain?” Terrence inquired.

“Yes, that was part of my plan before Levi ruined it for me.”

“And it must have been a good thing for him to interfere.”

“You should take a look at yourself. After how the Bark influenced Levi to beat you to a pulp, you’re a hot mess. So what gives you the right to put your trust in him after all you’ve put him through?”

“Even though Levi and I haven’t been together at the academy for long, I know him a more than you do! He shared parallels that with someone else important in my life and when I was summoned into that spirit world, I’ve realized how close we’ve become when we shared our suffering from that last violent match we’ve had. Besides, he knows and he’s forgiven that part of why he’s given himself up to the Shadow Bark is my fault.”

“I see…then I shouldn’t have doubted your feelings towards Levi.” Tobey then seated himself somewhere, prompting to get into a meditated state. “While you all sit tight there, I’m going to spirit world to back up Master Udon. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to obtain Dou Gou’s powers for myself.”

“I guess this is over for us,” Clifford remarked.

“We won’t know until we get Levi’s word,” Sandy pointed out.

“I’m feeling concerned about how he’ll do against Udon when he’s got a powerful spirit,” said Jasmine. “Someone has to go and back up Levi.”

As a suggestion, the restrained all turned his heads to Terrence.

“I’m not surprised you’re all proposing for me to go help him,” said Terrence. “I was planning on taking myself to the spirit world to help him anyways. I’ll return and call for you guys if need help myself. Also, Dustin, I need you to accompany me.”

Dustin’s eyes shot up at the mention of his name and said to Terrance, “Wait, why me?”

“There’s something I need to do before I get to Levi and as the most mindful person out of all of us, I’m confident that you’ll be a lot of help for what I plan to do.”

“Whatever it is you’re getting at, I trust you.”

Terrence and Dustin then prepared themselves to focus their minds in order to bring themselves into the spirit world. They appeared outside of Levi and Udon’s range from within the white void.

“Where are Levi and Udon, and why is Jin Li with you?” Dustin asked his accompanier. “I wasn’t with you, so I know I must have missed something.”

“Jin Li came to me,” Terrence clarified. “I’ll be sure to explain everything else to you about what happened to me, but for now, I can tell you that I made sure to transport us far from Levi and Udon because there’s a group of sages that I need to return to first thing.”

Terrence and Dustin continued to walk across the white void until they spotted a blurred image that became clearer the further they got to it. The two would eventually familiarize the image of being that of the group of sages that reside at Jin Li’s shrine.

“It’s a surprise to see you again, Dustin,” Shui spoke. “I could say the same about the sight of you too, Terrence. So what brings you here, and with Jin Li?”

“It’s a bit of a long explanation,” Terrence responded. “I was given half of the spirit while Levi holds the other half of it. I know you’ve all devoted your lives guarding the koi spirit, so I came here to ask if you know how it could be able to defeat Konton.”

“Konton, you mean Udon has been able to be attached to that spirit?” Ju-Long asked.

“Well, you could resign the other half of Jin Li to Levi. Other than that, if you put a lot of trust into Jin Li or the one who’s bonded to the spirit, you can be able to make it stronger,” Ling advised. “However, it would require a great deal of mind power.”

So this is part of why Terrence wanted me to come here, Dustin said to himself.

“That sounds like something I could do. Thanks for telling me,” Terrence said to the monks. “I’ll probably come back to you guys in a matter of minutes if I need assistance. If things work out, I’ll guarantee that Jin Li will be returned to your shrine.”

“We ourselves are putting a lot of trust in Levi to stop Udon, so do come back,” said Cong

”Then I guess it’s settled…” Terrence finished. “Dustin, let’s return to the real world and inform the others.”

“Wait, are you still going to need my help?” Dustin asked.

“Of course I do. You’re going to help me make sure this plan I have in mind goes right…”

The point of view returns to Levi and Udon’s side of the spirit dimension where they have already begun their match between their respective spirits. Levi was already looking to be outmatched by Udon. The more he saw the damage being dealt to Jin Li from Udon’s spirit and as well as from his clashing spirit Dou Gou, the more he’s lost his mental focus to help Jin Li. In addition, each time that Jin Li got smacked around by Konton, the more its size reduced, and it showed Levi how little spiritual energy the koi had left.

Ultimately, Levi knew the outcome and saw it. His mind focused too much on the thought of being unable to best Konton’s power with Dou Gou and half of Jin Li, so he couldn’t help but watch as Konton continued to strike down Jin Li while Dou Gou, being outmatched by Konton and little use of help, dealt the same fate. After several more tries Levi had attempted to help the koi spirit fend off the golden eel, the fight came to a stop on his end with Jin Li becoming as small as it could get, with all its energy to fight drained out by Konton’s power and its brute force.

Seeing himself face total defeat, Levi was left stunned before then falling backwards out of his own shame. Levi hung his head low as Udon walked close to him, towering over with a conniving expression to intimidate his opponent for his loss. Tobey, of course, stood by his side to revel in the Shadow Bark’s easy victory.

“What a shame, after I helped you become a better fighter, you’ve turned out to be an absolute disappointment the moment after you’ve defied me and my group,” Udon tormented. “I’ll be sure to inform SpongeBob, Sandy, and Armando that they’re forced to relinquish ownership of the academy over to me.”

“Hey Udon, can you let Dou Gou be my spirit, now that we don’t have any use for Levi anymore?” Tobey asked.

“I suppose Dou Gou is yours for keeps. …Come now, Dou Gou, you have someone new to serve.”

Udon gestures the said spirit to take his orders and so it floats over to his side. Afterwards, he vanishes from the spirit realm, with Dou Gou and Tobey alone to face Levi before the latter makes his leave.

“Serves you right for taking something that should’ve be mine,” Tobey taunted towards Levi, who remains in his sulking position.

“Shut up,” Levi muttered.

As Tobey left the spirit dimension, he returns to the real world to find the captives unconscious and with eyes wide shut.

“I suppose they’ve come to the place we just came out of so that they could comfort Levi before accepting their losses,” Udon suggested. “I can wait.”

“Should we do anything about Jin Li?” Tobey questioned.

“I would’ve squashed it like a bug before I came back here, but I suppose it will die off out of neglect from its suppliers anyways.” Udon replied.

Back inside the spirit dimension, Levi examined the area where Konton and Dou Gou still lie, with their bodies turned back from Levi while Jin Li’s near-lifeless body lingers by his side. Then, a moment later, the Dream Monk appeared in front the karate student.

“I know you would find this hard to believe, but there’s still some hope for you,” the Dream Monk spoke.

“I don’t feel like talking to you right now,” Levi sneered.

“Act that way if you will, but there are a few things I want to tell you before we may part paths,” the Dream Monk continued. “I don’t want to feel like a stranger to you anymore. You can keep referring to me as the Dream Monk if you please, but I’ll reveal to you by my real name. The name that I tend to go by is Zensho.”

“Was that the name of the person whose body you used to have?” Levi asked.

“I could really be a ghost, or I am just a figment of a past life. Either way, I had helped you for a reason, which was to give you guidance and grant you a life after death before you might face it. You managed to escape death once as some fellows in the real world saved your life. I’m not the kind to help someone like you twice, but not too long ago, I crossed paths with Terrence, someone who is so generous enough to give you another chance to show your greatest foe that you have the upper hand.”

“Are you asking if I should make a bargain with you?”

“That depends on if you’re willing to make this promise I’d like for you to fulfill.”

“Okay…what will that be?”

“If you have to make the choice of leaving your own universe behind, promise me that you won’t turn your back on someone and realize your own strength.”

“I don’t know what you mean by this. Then again, your other conundrums haven’t made so much sense to me. I’ll take the offer.”

“That’s good to hear. In return, I’ll allow Terrence to exchange his half of Jin Li’s spirit to your half. Another thing…”

As Zensho spoke, Terrence had materialized within the white void alongside the other half of Jin Li. Shortly afterwards, Levi looked around to see Dustin, Jasmine, Sonia, Amber, Jeff, Clifford, Liam, Diego, Chase, SpongeBob, Sandy, Armando, Cyrene, and even the five sages popping up and surrounding him within the spirit dimension. They were all there to show their support for him. Before Levi knew, the next thing he would see happening was Jin Li’s spirit regaining its strength and as well as obtaining extra energy to give it a large enough physical build to rival that with Konton’s power. Levi became stunned by this occurrence through a combination of astonishment and gratefulness.

“All these people that have come to know you have offered to exchange as much of their energy that they can share to aid Jin Li by putting all their faith in you,” Zensho continued.

“They’re really leaving all their faith in me…I don’t know what to say,” said Levi.

“We all have something to say before you give Udon a real piece of your mind,” Terrence said as he walked over to Levi’s side. “Stay sharp.”

“Stay focused,” Dustin advised.

“You helped me before, so I’ll return the favor,” said Jasmine.

“Never forget to show off your courage, like I learned to do,” Clifford advised.

“If you need medical help, you know who to call on,” said Amber.

“You can count on me for that too,” Sonia added. “Also, remember that a loss from you is a loss for the rest of us. We’re all winners here if you win this match.”

“Don’t let us down,” said Cyrene.

"We're here rooting for you," said Jeff.

“I’ve shown my true strength and it’s your turn to do the same,” Liam remarked.

“I’m putting my trust in you because I’ve heard from everyone else here that you seem like a cool guy,” said Chase.

“I haven’t got to know you so much, but I believe you can do this,” said Diego.

“You’ve taken a while to redeem yourself,” Armando spoke, “and after how much you’ve recently shown your loyalty to us, I put my trust in you.”

“Udon is all yours, partner,” said Sandy. “Show that wet noodle who the real fighter is.”

“I haven’t told you this before,” SpongeBob was saying to Levi as he put his arms on his shoulders, “I value all of my students, including you. You may have not been one of my students for long, but you’re no exception in being among my best.”

Everyone except Dou Gou turned around to look up at Konton with boldness.

“Zensho…what do I need to do to force Udon back here?” Levi asked.

“A simple scratch on Udon’s attached spirit would do the trick. Are you up to that challenge?” Zensho responded.

“Why wouldn’t I be up for this?”

Levi approached Konton with a great deal of determination and, with enough concentration, controls Jin Li to strike a blow on Konton’s tail. Jin Li zooms towards its enemy and manages to land a hit on its target. Outside the spirit dimension, Udon stops in his tracks as he felt Konton’s pain and so he recoiled from it.

“Konton…something’s going on, it seems to be calling out for me,” Udon spoke.

“What’s going on, Master Udon?” Tobey asked.

“Whatever it is, it must be Levi’s doing,” Udon responded. “I’m going back to the spirit world. You can come with if you wish.”

“That wouldn’t be the least that I can do for you.”

Per Konton’s warning, Udon returned to the world of spirits and was confronted by Levi, and his group weighing in with their support for him.

“You don’t know when to quit, Levi,” Udon remarked.

“Let’s just say that someone gave me a chance to be able to have you outmatched,” said Levi. “This time, this match will be for real.”

“Very well…show Jin Li no mercy as usual, Konton.”

Levi’s rematch with Udon through the use of their attached spirits had now begun. For a while, the minds of Levi and Udon clashed with each other while the attacks of Konton and Jin Li had followed suit. With enough power to be able to overpower Konton, Levi felt confident that the outcome would be different from the previous. For a few moments, Levi saw his spirit dealing damage from its opponent, which motivated Levi to put a lot of focus into assisting the koi spirit.

In the eventual moments, Jin Li would turn out to be the one spirit trudging through the fight. With Konton’s power growing weaker, Udon would be forcing his focus onto his respective spirit. While Tobey watched to see Konton losing the match, he briefly exited out of the spirit world to call on the other members of the Shadow Bark to come and help assist Udon. This gave the academy hostages the change to escape now. However, they stayed to assist Levi. Seeing the other Shadow Bark members trying to act as back up for Udon and Konton, Levi ordered for Jin Li to blast a beam to ensure that they’ll lose their inner focus and exit out of the dimension. With this strategy working, Jin Li resumes fighting.

Konton was growing weak enough to the point of its physique being reduced in size. As it became small enough to allow Jin Li to unleash its finishing blow, Konton’s spiritual body would then become completely dissolved to nothing, leaving Udon defenseless as Levi and his allies stood victorious and with might. Upon his loss, Udon escaped from the spirit dimension alongside Tobey. Levi and the others would return to the real world as well. After gesturing for his folks to escape the fortress, Levi walked up to Udon to hear his concession.

“This is not over for us, Levi!” Tobey exclaimed. “The next time around, I’ll destroy your ass!”

“That’s enough, Tobey. Go join the others,” Udon ordered. “Well, I admit defeat and I shall reverse those contracts I’ve made as I agreed to do upon your victory. I know you’ve had extra help though, so I won’t call it fair game.”

“I did get help. I couldn’t afford to let you get away with all that you’ve done to my former academy, and what you’ve done to people like Karmen.” Levi replied.

“I may have lost but the Shadow Bark may still live on without me, so I’m leaving Tobey in-charge of it while I leave in search of newer, greater power to take advantage of,” Udon announced. “As first order of business from Tobey, you are an official fugitive of my former society.”

“Looks like I still won something in the end after all,” Tobey commented. “Mark my words, Master Udon. I will not let you down.”

“Is there any way around this?” Levi questioned.

“Perhaps if you defeat me by showing your true strength, then I will have to completely disband the Shadow Bark and leave you alone,” said Udon. “Now run off, your life as the Shadow Bark’s greatest enemy starts now. Rico, I shall need you to accompany me on my new journey.”

“With pleasure,” Rico responded and escorted Udon out of the fortress.

Through Udon’s orders, Levi fled the fortress and as he got out, his companions were there waiting for him while Udon and Rico were both nowhere in sight.

“We’re so darn proud of you, Levi!” Sandy cheered.

“Yeah, you took down Udon and saved our academy,” said SpongeBob.

“You saved my family’s business as well,” Armando added. “You are welcome back to our academy anytime.”

“I appreciate the kind offer but…” Levi uttered, “…I can’t stay here, in this world.”

At this moment, the proud expressions Levi saw on the faces of his academy allies turned to confusion and worry.

“What do you mean?” SpongeBob asked, concerned.

“I made a promise to that Dream Monk and Udon…he’s gone now, although the Shadow Bark-“Levi stammered. “I wish I could tell you all what’s going on, but I just can’t. I’m sorry, this is goodbye.”

“Hey, hold up!” Terrence called out just before Levi could make a run for it. “What’s going on with you now? You can tell me! Don’t forget the lengths I went not to just save the academy, but also to help you!”

“Terrence…thanks for everything,” Levi finished as he then sprinted away from the group, leaving into the forest.

“Levi!” Terrence cried out, surrounded by his academy acquaintances that stood by to comfort him for the departure of the one fellow that he’s risked his life for.

After Udon’s defeat, classes for my former academy continued like normal. During my first couple of months as the Shadow Bark’s target on the run, I’ve come to know of what’s become of my fellows by watching them from the sidelines. For their efforts, Terrence, Dustin, Jasmine, Sonia, Amber, Clifford, Liam, and Diego have all earned their black belt ranks and were able to graduate. Because of Jeff’s efforts as a stand-in teacher during Armando’s absence, Armando bestowed his job to Jeff and so he has since stayed to teach more hopefuls in mastering karate.

Jeff wasn’t the only one who had stayed. Because Chase is behind in the ranks of others, he’s still making his way towards mastering karate. Sonia, by choice, stayed in the dojo in hopes of being enough of a professional in karate to be a sensei and as well as to boost her self-esteem. She and Cyrene would rekindle their friendship after some time. However, because their old ninja troop saw no point in continuing after realizing the troubles caused Tobey that he plagued into their name, they had to disband. In its place, Sonia and Cyrene started a martial arts society as a way to reform the bad memories Tobey had left.

The others that have graduated left to return to their normal lives, but also as changed people. Jasmine went back to France to lecture her folks about self-defense by establishing her own club on the concept. Clifford, who has lived far apart from Amber, would then be able to move close to her home so that they could major in nursing and attend their ideal school in that field together once they get older. Right now, they’re attending the same high school and have started dating. Liam returned home to come out to his friends and family about his true gender, and they’ve all taken it well. He also started his own path towards advocating for transgender rights. Dustin would take up a job part-time in mindfulness education. He’s also since trusted himself well enough to make some more friends. Diego returned to his home to prove his rank by winning a championship in karate, and he doesn’t plan to stop at one.

Then there’s Terrence. From what I’ve heard back from him, he’s improved by a lot compared to when I first got to know him. He’s been keeping himself out of trouble and he’s done himself the job of reforming troubled youths back in his own district and as well as preventing others from causing any sort of turmoil. He’s also been trying to bring himself closer to his family to make up for lost time made after the death of his brother (Now that I’ve known about this, I want to let Terrence know that I feel sorry for his loss), and he’s made himself out to be a generous guy, having donated to fund organizations supporting good causes. He has since become kinder, though he still has his stern disposition. I’ve also been hearing back from him that he’s been thinking about me every day. If only I could tell me that I’ve been thinking about him every day too. After I fulfill my deed to Zensho, I know I’m coming back to him first thing.

As for me, my life right now is the same as it has been for these couple of months: Surviving, all while I wait for the time that the Dream Monk could let me fulfill that promise he’s arranged for me. Right now, I’m on the run from the Shadow Bark members hunting me down, as usual. After needing the monk’s help after this long haul, the day had now finally come for something in my life to change.

“You need my assistance?” Zensho inquired, as he and Levi were shown inside the spirit world.

“Please!” Levi begged. “I want to realize my true strength sooner than later. If you can take me anywhere besides here, can you do that for me?”

“Your wish is my command,” Zensho replied. “I know a place for you to go…”

Levi watched as his body was materializing out of the white void. Lights blinded his eyes for a moment until he saw himself inside of a different world, shrouded by a black background. Examining his surroundings, Levi eyed a small girl in a hood, who seemed to be waiting for his arrival.

“You must be Levi Bouldermore. I’m Gaia, and I have something for you to do.”

Back in Levi’s home universe, Jin Li’s shrine, with the greenery surrounding it, was in view. Jin Li, the koi spirit itself, was shown to be circling around it.

THE STORY CONTINUES…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES/TRIVIA:

Spoiler

Characters from other spin-offs making an appearance in this episode:
-Gaia (Oracle of the Cosmos)

Edited by Steel Sponge

EPILOGUE: 13.5. Class Dismissal

Levi had now found himself surrounded inside a hollow void. There was nothing in his sight within the black besides a small girl in a white-hooded varnish. The girl’s line of vision was focused directly on Levi, demanding for him to cross his path towards her.

“So you’re wondering what it is that brought you here, Levi,” Gaia mused.

“I was wondering more about how you know my own name,” Levi responded. “Is it because you have some sort of strong connection with my internal monk, Zensho? He was the one who brought me to this place.”

“Oh, I should’ve explained myself clearer,” Gaia replied. “I’m the observer of several parallel dimensions in the multiverse, including one such as yours. I’m a multi-dimensional entity like Zensho and you’ve been transported here not too long after I detected a strong disturbance that’s been taking place in each universe. It is also my job here to maintain order for each of these particular universes, but you’ve come here for a reason that’s different from this recent hijacking.”

“Look…” Levi was saying. “I don’t know everything that you’re talking about, so you better explain to me right now why the Dream Monk brought me to you.”

“Isn’t it obvious? Where you’re standing right now is the nexus where all these parallel worlds are linked to,” Gaia explained. “Besides, you should already know that you had Zensho bring you here by your own terms. So, what were they?”

Levi paused for a moment, remembering that oath he made with the monk, affirming to the girl, “Yeah, that’s right. I made a deal with the Dream Monk. He said to me that I have to leave behind my own place to find my true strength. It was a compromise I had to make so that I could get my former master Udon off my back for good.”

“I could tell that you had to let Zensho bestow as much of the koi spirit’s power over to you so that you could defeat your adversary that you once served for, and the battle you won was indeed not in truth.”

“You can see spirits too?”

“Of course I can. Spiritual entities can also be viewed in this terminal.” While Gaia pointed this out, Levi looked around to see both Dou Gou and Jin Li hovering beside him as they would in the spirit dimension “Now that we should know and understand each now, I’ll run you through why you’re in this domain. First, I need to tell me why you’ve made that deal with a spiritual being.”

“There was no other choice I had than to get help from Zensho. I couldn’t allow Udon to succeed in his scheme and continue causing trouble while he had a powerful spirit on his side and I couldn’t allow him to get away with everything that he made me do when I chose to serve the Shadow Bark after leaving my other former dojo. I let Udon give me a shortcut in becoming stronger. After fighting Terrence, it was then that I realized his training didn’t make me a better person.”

“I see...and once you discovered who the real enemy was and when you tried to overcome him, you decided to take a shortcut in that as well. This is what you mean when you wanted to find your true strength.”

“You don’t have to re-lecture me about my mistakes, I know what I did and I’m not proud of it! I took the monk’s deal because I want to move on from my past wrongdoings and redeem myself. I want to fight a real battle in the process so when I could be able to return to my home world, I can prove to my old folks that I have improved, and Terrence…” Upon mention of him, Levi began to tear up. “I…especially want to see him again so that I could tell him that I’m sorry for all that stupid shit that I’ve done and that I’ve gone on such a soul-searching journey for him. I also want to know how he’s been doing since all that’s happened in the karate academy.”

“Yes, that explains just about everything for me. However, there’s one other thing.” Gaia was saying. “You didn’t just come to me on your own accord. You’ve been banished from your world.”

The previous statement that the girl uttered would then take Levi by surprise. He stood silent for a moment due to his bewilderment.

“I may have brought this punishment unto my own self, but how could it have lead me to being banished from my own world?” Levi asked.

“You crossed paths with good and evil. Then you burned bridges with both sides,” Gaia explained. “Your indecisiveness with your own self-judgment was the primary reason why you’ve ended up here. The fact that you carry both a good and evil spirit should be telling that you would’ve caused some serious tension within the order of the multiverse if you were to cross any more paths with both spirits on your side.”

Levi once again observed his two spirits while processing Gaia’s words.

“I understand,” Levi spoke. “So…what do I do now? What do you even want from me?”

“I can help you achieve this goal of yours,” Gaia answered. “Just so we’re on the same page, you want to return to your own world as a stronger and better person, and the price you’re willing to pay is to find your true inner strength in other worlds, correct?”

“Yes, we don’t have to keep going over this multiple times,” Levi replied with no hesitation.

“In order to fulfill that goal, Levi, you’ll also have to make a choice on what you’re fighting for, may it be for good or for malevolence. You can’t go for the in-between. Now, in order for you to carry on with your personal objective, I have a simple request that I need you to commit to.”

“What would that be?”

“You’ll have to let go of something to me in exchange of being permitted to go into the unknown. In your case, that something is right in front of you.”

Gaia points a finger over to both Dou Gou and Jin Li. Levi was again taken by surprise after realizing what she meant.

“Wouldn’t it be just fine if I could just give up Dou Gou?” Levi asked. “How do you think I’ll be able to take care of myself without even Jin Li?”

“You’ll have to give up both spirits, as they’ll get in the way of your goal, along with your reliance of them,” Gaia continued. “In order to find your true inner strength and purpose, you’ll have to go it alone.”

Thinking on the offer for a minute, Levi gives in and say to Gaia, “Fine, they’re all yours.”

“I wouldn’t say that they’re all mine,” Gaia informs, “they’ll be returning to the spirit dimension within your original universe. It’s part of my job.”

After Gaia let Dou Gou and Jin Li draw themselves close to her, she uses her hands to grab the tails with no trouble. Levi’s two spirits disappeared without any more of a smidge of them to be seen. Afterwards, a trolley promptly appears in front of Levi. A few faces could be seen inside of it.

“My deed is done while yours starts once you step inside that inter-dimensional trolley,” Gaia informs, “and after I make a few more appointments.”

“One more thing I should ask: what’s this whole multiverse disruption thing that you’ve mentioned?” Levi asked.

“Don’t worry about it,” Gaia replied. “For now, it’s my responsibility and I’ll be taking care of the issue.”

Without a word and without hesitation, Levi steps inside the transportation device to be greeted by an equine with a turquoise coat, cyan eyes, a light pink tail, and a mane of the same color, along with two human figures, a female brunette with amber-colored eyes and a male dirty blonde with his hair covering both eyes.

“Am I accompanying you all?” Levi questioned.

“That is none of your business, dickhead,” the boy snarled.

“Please don’t mind him, he can be very rude sometimes,” the girl spoke towards Levi.

“Hey, I was nice enough to help you escape from that hellhole,” the boy added towards the girl.

“It’s cool to meet another human like you,” the mare remarked. “I’m Lotus Petals by the way.”

“I guess I’ll just sit here until something starts happening,” said Levi. Tobey…Udon…they’re still out to get me. He thought. I should be safe now that I’ve been banished from my original world, but if the time comes that I run into either of them again, I’ll make them regret ever manipulating me and picking a fight with me.

As Levi looked through the windows of the trolley, he saw someone being dropped down into the black void in front of Gaia. What he had saw resembled an undersea sponge with a peculiar jacket. The perspective then changes to show the inside of the Shadow Bark, where the troop members are reported back by the newly-made leader, Tobey.

“Do any of you have an update on the rogue’s whereabouts?” Tobey asked.

“He’s somehow disappeared without a trace, sir,” Zhong notified.

“Have any of you checked the spirit dimension?” Tobey suggested. “Chances are that he’s hiding there like the coward he is.”

“We’ve tried to find him there too, and he’s nowhere in sight,” said Lamar.

“Ugh, you guys should’ve been able to hunt him down within days, and yet it’s been two months!” Tobey complained. “You’re all dismissed then. Tomorrow, it is back to the usual routine and maybe then, we’ll have Levi within our grasp and so shall Dou Gou be in mine, like I’ve been planning since I joined this group!”

After the Shadow Bark meeting was adjourned, Tobey steps outside of the base to vent.

“Why did Master Udon ever trust me with this?” Tobey questioned. “Why does Rico get to go places with him? What kind of karate master does Udon think he is to not give me a spirit? Gah! Why am I asking myself all these dumb questions?”

Tobey was kicking the ground beneath him about before he was confronted by a tall, mysterious-looking figure shrouded in black

“I hear that you’ve been having a lot of trouble with someone,” the unknown person spoke.

“Who are you to know? Go away, freak!” Tobey responded.

“If you’d please, I have a gift for you waiting in the spirit dimension,” the shady character continued.

“It better be something good, then. Otherwise, I’m not sucking into whatever it is that you’re trying to sell to me.”

With concentration, Tobey appeared inside the spirit realm in a flash. The dark figure followed after, transporting himself to the area at the same time as Tobey. In front of the dark figure was the carp spirit Dou Gou to the Shadow Bark leader’s surprise.

“This is Dou Gou, is it not?” The dark figure questioned. “And if I’m not mistaken, this is the spirit holds the power that you so desire to have.”

“Are you for real, and it’s not like an illusion or anything?” Tobey responded. “Is Dou Gou really mine? Ugh, I shouldn’t keep asking all these questions.”

“It’s fine, there is a lot that we need to discuss,” the dark figure replied as he gestured Dou Gou to hover over to Tobey’s side. “Just like you’ve wanted, you now have a spirit.”

“I suppose that you also have a solution for me about Levi. I don’t know how who you are, but you seem to be very trustworthy to be helping me out like this.”

“It’s the least that I can do…” Before the mysterious figure would finish, he vanishes from the spirit dimension, prompting for Tobey to exit out of it. Afterwards, he and Tobey were now seeing other face to face. The peculiar character continued to say, “After all, I have a lot of faith in you…Tobiah.”

OOTORSRAC

RFHACLEMLEOF
                                           ATEOFTHEOTHE
                                          CHCCOSMSCOS
                                              LEOOSOMOS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTES/TRIVIA:

Characters from other spin-offs making an appearance in this epilogue:

Spoiler

-Gaia (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-Ga???n?y (Oracle of the Cosmos)
-C??r?lea (Oracle of the Cosmos)