• Advertisement

089a. The Krusty Sponge

person

discuss this episode here. i loved it. one of my favorite post movie episodes. twas unique, creative, and felt like a lot of time was spent to write such a well thought out episode. i loved the idea of mr krabs making all spongebob related stuff at the krusty krab, particularly the spongey patties that made all the people sick. hilarious. classic. just what this show needs.

I thought this episode was dull and It's one of my least favorite season 5 episodes. It's not a terrible episode but there are lots of problems I had with this episode. The main reason why I hate this episode is Mr. Krabs. Once again he was greedy in this episode. Another reason why I hate this episode is SpongeBob and Squidward abuse. I hated how they were treated in this episode. Bikini Bottomies were terrible in this episode too. Also the ending with Squidward giving a judge a ride on the Fun Train was just awful and I felt bad for Squidward at the end. I hated when Mr. Krabs saying "I love a happy ending". Seriously, the ending was just good for him and SpongeBob (I was actually glad that the ending was good for SpongeBob). The ending is NOT GOOD, If Squidward gets tortured at the end and Squidward didn't deserve to be tortured in this episode because he did nothing wrong in this episode. The same thing goes to SpongeBob. Mr. Krabs should be tortured instead of Squidward and SpongeBob. This episode is not even funny but I laughed at a few parts in this episode. The parts Mr. Krabs introducing the products of Krusty Sponge were funny. Squidward with a SpongeBob costume made me laugh too but these funny parts are not enough to make this episode good or funny. I do not recommend this episode. 4/10

I always considered this is a good episode, but this has now become one of my favorites of Season 5.  Especially with the social commentary of modern day Nickelodeon; which thank you for pointing that out last week on the XAT Nuggets.  I decided to re-watch this the other day and he's absolutely right with Mr. Krabs representing Viacom.  It's amazing how it made my view point change of this episode entirely.  Not only that but this episode has aged well in terms of not just plot, but for humor as well.

It's really overwhelming just to think that after twelve years since this episode aired, its allegorical message on SpongeBob's over-saturation by Nickelodeon is still relevant and will very much stay relevant for the next ten years or so, considering the state that the company is currently in.

As for the episode itself, its not one of my absolute favorites, but I'd say that it's one of Season 5's rare gems.

8 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

It's really overwhelming just to think that after twelve years since this episode aired, its allegorical message on SpongeBob's over-saturation by Nickelodeon is still relevant and will very much stay relevant for the next ten years or so, considering the state that the company is currently in.

As for the episode itself, its not one of my absolute favorites, but I'd say that it's one of Season 5's rare gems.

You got THAT right! It's AMAZING how "Spongebob Squarepants" was so EASILY able to predict with EERIE accuracy, just how MUCH its OWN cartoon studio, would end up potentially OVERSATURATE its own market with "Spongebob Squarepants", to the point of EXHAUSTION! I hope Nickelodeon grows out of this phase soon. Enough said!