• 5/5 Stars: Amazing!
    • 4/5 Stars: Good
    • 3/5 Stars: Okay
    • 2/5 Stars: Meh
    • 1/5 Stars: Garbage

nickelodeon.pngspongebob-squarepants.png

#165 -"House Sittin' for Sandy / Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom"

Plots:

House Sittin' for Sandy: SpongeBob agrees to be Sandy's house sitter, but chaos erupts when Patrick visits
Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom: SpongeBob and Squidward try to sneak backstage at a concert after losing their passes.

Clip:
http://spongebob.nic...ckets-clip.html

Remember: It airs tonight at 8 PM!

Sittinforsandy.jpg

* You can see SpongeBob's pet scallop briefly in the beginning.

* What is wrong with Sunday?

* Oh, it's closed.

* That's not Mr. Krabs..

* Oh boy.

* First time we see Sandy's greenhouse.

* And her robot house.

* Aww, no Wormy references.

* I see SpongeBob's old green cap again. We haven't seen that in a while.

* And his maid outfit too. (I believe it was from Can You Spare A Dime?)

* It's a wonder how Patrick got in there.

* Nice throwback from the earlier episodes where SpongeBob couldn't breathe in Sandy's treedome.

* I do wonder why SpongeBob didn't feel it earlier though..

* The promise not to touch anything reminds me of Jeffrey the Jellyfish... :P

* And there goes the robots.

* Yeah......

* Sandy is not amused.

* I called the ending.

* ....except for that part. Didn't see that coming.

* Here we go again...

* It was alright, but I didn't expect the twist.

Grade: B

Smoothejazz.jpg
* So, I'm guessing the spelling error of smooth was intentional?

* Squidward is in a good mood today.

* The radio from "Earworm" returns (at least I think that was the radio).

* Also, wasn't Kelpy G mentioned before in "The Thing"?

* I laughed at the lucky loser bit.

* Hippie bus?

* Isn't that the same stage from "Suction Cup Symphony"?

* The line reminds me of "Bubble Buddy" (who will returning soon...)

* Where did Patrick come from? How did he even get a ticket?

* I'll admit, I got laugh from Patrick's "speech".

* At least Kelpy likes SpongeBob's performing.

* It was an okay episode, but the Squidward abuse really went to the max. I did get some laughs at several parts despite that. Still disappointing these are the last episodes for a while, but oh well, at least they weren't that bad.

Grade: B-

• God Himself 1

House Sitten For Sandy - B+

Nice Reference to Wormy and the original episode in which they watched Sandy's house :) . Lol at the end when it seems as if Sandy was gonna vaporize SB and Pat. Been a while since Sandy got screentime.

House Sittin' fopr Sandy wasn't one of the best episodes from season 8, but it was nice :)

My mind went haywire until the part SpongeBob realized he wasn't wearing a helment /lmao'd and Patrick's starting to become more of an annoying-bother than SpongeBob...well, compared to SpongeBob at least xD

I'd give this episode a B+ ~!

Smoothe Jazz was a charming episode, enough said c:

A-

*Props to jjsthekid for explaining all his reactions :P

Both of these episodes were pretty good!

House Sittin' For Sandy: I like this episode, but it wasn't one of the best. I don't know, it could've been better. I liked the parts where Patrick said "Wasn't me!" haha aww. I rate this episode 3.5/5.

Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom: This was an okay episode, and like jjs said, there was some squid abuse. I honestly thought he was going to meet Kelpy G! Otherwise I thought it was a good episode. I loved the part where Spongebob played the ukulele! I rate this episode 3.5/5.

Patrick made both episodes worthwhile.

The references to SpongeBob/Sandy shipping in the first made me cringe, though, so 7/10

The Squidward abuse did not go overboard in the second episode. All of it is karma, and if you can laugh at Seinfeld, you can laugh at this, which I did eagerly. 10/10

They done it again! I would rate both 9/10

I also loved how they brought back Kelpy G. In case you don't know, he first appeared in "The Thing," and if you looked at the credits for that episode, you can see the name "Kelpy G".

House-Sitting for Sandy

A nice episode to watch, it didn't get boring or anything. Some things were predictable, but I'm with you, jjs, I didn't expect the twist at the end. Also aww at that little Spandy moment, that was cute ^^. B+

Smoothe Jazz in Bilkini Bottom

I hadn't heard of this episode before it premiered so it was a pleasant surprise. I could relate to it too, from the times I've gone to see my favorite artists in concert and stuff. I was very much enjoying this episode until Patrick appeared. How did he get there anyway? Then it started going downhill. I agree, the Squiddy abuse was mean and unnecessary, it would have been awesome if both SB and Squid had played with Kelpy. But overall, it wasn't bad. B+

Also, Kelpy G is a reference to Kenny G.. surprised anyone has mentioned that :P

I liked House Sittin' for Sandy (including the little SpongeBob/Sandy moment. But I thought Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom was the best, though I didn't like when Patrick showed up at the concert and ruined everything for Squidward (though I liked his stage dive) and I liked SpongeBob's ukulele playing.

I too was questioning the whole time SpongeBob was in Sandy's house without water until it was pointed out. It kinda reminded me of Life of Crime when they had a campfire until it was pointed out they were underwater.

I'm actually watching this now. :P I think this episode is strange because of the unusal things that happen. SpongeBob forgets his helmet, SpongeBob and Patrick think they will die. Many references, Goofy Goobers and "Can you Spare a Dime?" with the maid outfit. I also like the Spandy moment in there if anyone can find it. :P The robot rampage was crazy.

Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom: I liked seeing SpongeBob and Squidward go to a concert, that was something new. I rather would have both Squidward and SpongeBob win the battle, but that's just my opinion. I also liked seeing Kelpy G again. I sort of liked the Patrick scenes, but the stage dive was the best part. Also, the sunset in the Krusty Krab in the beginning of the episode reminds me of the sunset in the Krusty Krab in "Earworm".

House Sittin' For Sandy

I thought this episode was really great, although it was the weaker of the two. It packed some laughs, and I have to say, I actually enjoyed that Spandy moment. :3 The twist at the end was great and really added some unique layers to the episode. Overall, I think it was a really great episode and Patrick was great, specifically the back and forth between him and Spongebob as the episode goes on. However, I feel like it could've packed far more laughs, as Smoothe Jazz did. Still...

A solid 9/10

Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom

I loved this episode. The entire thing was delicious, and I absolutely love how Squidward makes fun of modern kids TV shows. "Let me guess, Spongebob! Somehow you manage to destroy my ticket, leading to a whole dilemma!" I was laughing so hard with the Patrick parts and the sounds he made as he tried to get onto the stage, and then the whole speech. Squidward trying to get rid of Spongebob was also funny, as well as when Kelpy G pushed Squidward over when going to talk to Spongebob. A really solid episode. HSFS and SMJBB really compliment each other; I'm glad they were paired. :) Both episodes only have casts of three (Spongebob, Sandy, and Patrick, and then Spongebob, Squidward, and Patrick) and there is no Mr. Krabs, which I like, because I feel like had he been included in either of these, it would've thrown off the entire episode.

10/10

I haven't seen HSFS, but I have seen Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom. It was pretty alright, but Spongebob was too annoying throughout the episode. Squidward abuse also went extreme here. I didn't laugh much either. 6/10

Yeah.. never watched HSFS, either. I have seen SJABB. It just.. sucked. Squidward was abused WAY too much for his own good. The Patrick eating the ticket gag was just.. yeah. Unfunny. SpongeBob wasn't trying to make things worse, but, um, yeah.

I don't even know how Squidward manages to survive when most of the show's episodes have him being annoyed like um, a lot, plain and simple. kthxbai.

Rating: D

tumblr_m6ljcnIcbd1roqqvbo1_500.gif

So after re-watching these episodes, I gotta say...

House Sitting For Sandy is by far one of the laziest episodes ever conceived. I mean it's as filler an episode as filler can get. They spend at least seven minutes giving a tour around the tree dome. More than half by Sandy with the other half being SpongeBob himself. Then Patrick comes, wastes more time with filler, causes chaos, then Sandy repairs everything instantly with her new gizmo? I'm sorry but I gave Pineapple Fever way too much crap for filler abuse. This is the epitome of a filler episode. Incredibly boring. Btw, the ending was done better when it was called To Save a Squirrel, just saying. The only plus I give it is pointing out SpongeBob without his tree dome helmet.

2.5/10

Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom though I think gets far too much crap for its Squid abuse. The only thing I actually disliked was Patrick in general where his stupidity went too ridiculous extremes and the ending with SpongeBob. Otherwise, I highly enjoyed the premise and the story itself minus the two bits I pointed out. I mean you guys think the Squid abuse was bad? It would have been worse if Squidward never went or met Kelpy G at all. Just saying...yet again.

7.5/10

• Like 1

Well, this is a mixed pair. Overall I have to give it the 3/5 rating as it is the "inbetween" for a good + bad \pair.

House Sittin For Sandy: This was super chaotic and crazy, and I liked that about it. It was a unique episode and I was kept entertained throughout the whole thing. It's good. 4/5.

Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom: Okay, first, why is there a spelling error in the title? How did someone not notice that? Anyway, this one, was annoying. It just felt like a bunch of things randomly flying at your face one by one that go against our protagonists. It doesn't seem right and it keeps coming back in the most ridiculous ways and it's annoying. At the end, it gets really annoying. Seriously, Kelpy G literally PUSHES one of his PAID FANS WITH A BACKSTAGE PASS away for a person that has a good ukelele? WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT?! Overall an annoying and bad episode. However, I muss confess that there was SOME good jokes that brought the episode up a little. 2/10

So, when you have a mixed pair, I think the 3/5 spot is the median as the pair is good and bad, which evens out to in the middle.