1. 1. What Did You Think?

• 5/5
    • 4/5
    • 3/5
    • 2/5
    • 1/5

Airs tonight at 8. Discuss.

Barnacleface.jpg

* Looks like House Sittin' For Sandy got a last minute pull. Oh well. Also, this isn't a new season. Nick got their numbers wrong, and I know CN does that sometimes (labeling some leftover episodes of shows as a "new season")

* We see the High School again.

* Yay, more Pearl!

* Barnacles = Zits in the sea. Oh well, it wasn't as gross as I expected.

* ....and now things got gross.

* How much you wanna bet people will be saying "THIS IS AS GROSS AS THE SPLINTER!11!" in the next few comments?

* Why is this now reminding me of The Krusty Plate?

* How is that not hurting Pearl?

* That's one strong barnacle.

* First time we've seen Mr. Krabs' house in a while.

* Pearl crying and flooding the room brings back memories.

* Mr. Krabs has a dungeon now?

* Well, that explains it.

* Crystal Face?

* At least things worked out for everyone....except for Mr. Krabs.

Grade: B-
Petsitterpat.jpg

* I liked the title card with Gary on it.

* We haven't heard from Grandma in a whole, glad to see another appearance.

* I liked how they didn't reveal her age.

* Gary, how could you?!

* This reminded me of I Was A Teenage Gary a bit, with SpongeBob asking someone to take care of Gary.

* Oh boy.

* Poor Gary.

* Now you've done it Patrick.

* Congratulations Patrick, you just won the "Worst Pet Sitter of The Year Award".

* And now I'm getting "Gary Takes a Bath" deja vu.

* Well, at least Patrick and Gary got along in the end.

Grade: B-

* How much you wanna bet people will be saying "THIS IS AS GROSS AS THE SPLINTER!11!" in the next few comments?

Why'd you cross that out? That has a great chance of happening.

I've never been a fan of Pearl episodes, but Patrick made up for it. 4/5

Barnacle Face:

It wasn't bad, kind of feel we've seen this before in other episodes..SpongeBob having to do special favors to Mr. Krabs because he's too cheap (and said problem concerning Pearl, The Chaperone, Whale of a Birthday, etc) But it was nice seeing a new Pearl episode, and there wasn't really anything bad about it (I did't think it was gross..just one little scene but meh).. the reason for her barnacles was unexpected yet weird :S As was the conclusion..that's what mr. K gets. tho.

8/10

Pet Sitter Pat:

Meh, this episode didn't seem original at all. First of all, doesn't SpongeBob leave Gary alone every day all day when he's at work? But anyway, seeing how much Patrick kept screwing up was entertaining, the ending just left me O_o seriosuly..it just ended, bam, I thought they cut it off!..that was just weird but whatever. 7.8/10

Also, did anyone see that they aired SpongeBob's House Party before these eppies!? =O They NEVER air that episode! xP

Haha, sorta' late to the party when discussing about these episodes, but what the heck. "Barnacle Face" was an ok episode. I don't know how many times Mr. Krabs ordered SpongeBob to help Pearl in one of her needy situations, but this had to be the most bizarre out of them x'D The writers went creative when using barnacles for Pearl instead of pimples lol. A pretty nice episode :)

"Pet Sitter Pat" felt like one of those "relaxed" SB episode...not too much going on if you're catching my drift (like Gary Takes a Bath, Shanghaied, Pineapple Fever, etc.). I was glad to see SpongeBob's grammy again~! Patrick should have known better not to treat Gary like that, but it was pretty funny how he handled his pet-sitting obligations (knowing Patrick xD).

Overall I'd give these episodes a B+ :P

I thought both episodes were okay, not the best though. I knew the soap had something to do with Pearl's barnacles. Leave it to Mr. Krabs to do something cheap like that.

Patrick kinda annoyed me in Pet Sitter Pat with all of his antics and I felt bad for Gary at times. I liked the moments with SpongeBob and his gramma though.

And how was SpongeBob swimming in both episodes if he doesn't know how.

Pet Sitter Pat:

Gary and Patrick usually don't mix, but they do this time around. Funny Grandma SquarePants scenes punctuated this episode, and some parts remind me of episodes such as Shellback Shenanigans and A Pal for Gary, other recent episodes where Gary plays a starring role. 9/10

Barnacle Face:

Unusual, and certainly not what I expected compared to the teasers on SpongeBob.com. It was good, but very strange. 7/10.

Barnacle Face is meh, nothing special, but nothing heinous either.

Pet Sitter Pat, however, is awful. Aside from the Patrick flanderization, animal abuse, and unfunniness, there's also the fact that this episode is a direct rip off of A Pal for Gary, which is easily the most infamous Spongebob episode out there (right down to the fire bit). I guess Richard Pursel and Zeus Cervas sure have a knack for torturing Gary the worst ways possible.

...there's also the fact that this episode is a direct rip off of A Pal for Gary

Yeah. We've seen ripoffs of the episodes from the first 3-4 seasons, but really? Seasons 5-7? This show is starting to lose inspiration. I hope Stephen Hillenburg and Sherm Cohen bring their idea bags back to SpongeBob, just like how both of them are returning to SpongeBob?

Barnacle Face- I don't care for this episode a whole lot.

Pet Sitter Pat- A lot of people say it's worse than "A Pal for Gary". I honestly found APFG to be worse, but whatever. The torture is extremely unpleasant to look through, even for torture; also the fact that the writers basically tried rewriting a past failure would be commendable since they wanna correct a mistake. However with APFG, the only way to correct something like that is chucking in the garbage and never mentioning it again, there was nothing salvageable from it. I mean maybe some creative genius could come up with a better version of APFG, but I imagine it'd be pretty tough to accomplish.