• Advertisement

SBC Help Thread

Jjs Goodman

Guest hilaryfan80

Why's YT isn't automatically embed when i post it?

It seems to be working fine for me, if you're having trouble with it press the Link button which is before the quote button.

Make sure the link isn't formatted when you put it in the editor. Select the YouTube link and click on the Screen_Shot_2015-11-01_at_11.34.15_AM.th button. Your video will be embedded.

The best thing to do is to never copy-paste links from a website. I would just copy-paste from YouTube itself.

Guest hilaryfan80
21 minutes ago, Wumbo said:

I'm having problems editing my signature. I can't modify text in any way (bold, italics, etc.)

This is why we have frequently asked questions. :)

13 hours ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

The editor is screwed up. The smiley icon brings open a "Code" popup. What do I do?
Clear your browser cache. It's as simple as that. jjs says that clearing image files only on Chrome works. Check out this website to find out how to clear your browser cache.

I'm having problems changing my avatar.  I keep getting this message no matter what picture I select:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Guest hilaryfan80
2 hours ago, Clappy said:

I'm having problems changing my avatar.  I keep getting this message no matter what picture I select:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Try now. :)

Guest hilaryfan80
18 hours ago, Reality said:

I've been having some problems with seeing the likes on comments in status updates. Example:

GUdpexR.jpg

ND4NFZk.jpg

It sounds like you've been blocked by somebody instead of a bug.

It works for me:

563d2c38b8854_ScreenShot2015-11-06at5.39

Speaking of status updates, I'm not having any trouble commenting on them, but it's not allowing me to post my own status updates.  I tried posting one on the status update widget but it wouldn't allow me.  I even tried going to my own profile to post one from there but it wouldn't allow me.

Guest hilaryfan80
9 hours ago, Clappy said:

Speaking of status updates, I'm not having any trouble commenting on them, but it's not allowing me to post my own status updates.  I tried posting one on the status update widget but it wouldn't allow me.  I even tried going to my own profile to post one from there but it wouldn't allow me.

It appears to have worked for me under your account:

http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/profile/1287-clappy/&status=13048&type=status

There is a known issue where the editor on index does not work on desktop or mobile, but your profile and clicking "Create" at the top of the page still works. I was able to post under your account using your profile.

I would make sure that your browser cache is clear. We are using PageSpeed on our server now, so you might have an outdated version of a JavaScript file or something related. If you are using Internet Explorer, this may explain your problem. :P

22 hours ago, Umbreon_Zaid said:

images have not appeared in editor and the youtube html has not appeared at all

Images are still in the editor. You have to add them through "Insert other media" in the bottom right. As for youtube html, you have to paste the url and it'll automatically embed, but you may have to highlight it and click the "Remove Formatting" button next to Size.