• Advertisement

SBC Help Thread

Jjs Goodman

Quotes can no longer be simply copy and pasted. To copy and paste a quote, I have to do a little trick where I drag my cursor across the post and right-click in a very specific way to get a certain box of commands to appear, and click "Select All". Also, this is just an additional oddity, but when I paste the quote into my post, the username of the member who made it changes to the username of the member I'm actually replying to...then changes to the correct username when I actually make the post. It's not a major inconvenience, it just gets a little annoying because I can't always get the box with the "Select All" command to appear.

It shows up to me. Normally when you choose Select All it should copy the entire quote with the name and all, you have to hit the copy button after choosing Select All. If you're wanting to remove a person's name from the quote just make a quote from scratch.

Guest hilaryfan80

Quotes can no longer be simply copy and pasted. To copy and paste a quote, I have to do a little trick where I drag my cursor across the post and right-click in a very specific way to get a certain box of commands to appear, and click "Select All". Also, this is just an additional oddity, but when I paste the quote into my post, the username of the member who made it changes to the username of the member I'm actually replying to...then changes to the correct username when I actually make the post. It's not a major inconvenience, it just gets a little annoying because I can't always get the box with the "Select All" command to appear.

It shows up to me. Normally when you choose Select All it should copy the entire quote with the name and all, you have to hit the copy button after choosing Select All. If you're wanting to remove a person's name from the quote just make a quote from scratch.

SBC has no control over your ability to copy-paste something because that's something that Windows/Mac does for you. You probably have issues with copy-pasting on other websites as well. If it's too much of a problem, change browsers, but there's nothing I can do about it because I don't have any control over copy-paste, nor does Facebook, Twitter, Google, or any other website. "Select All" is notoriously an Internet Explorer feature, and IE is a horrible browser that does horrible things to websites. It might be for the best if you leave it for Firefox or Chrome.

Now with the username changing like that... I don't know about you, but copy-pasting a quote into the reply box has never made a quote box appear in the editor. I always had to add the quote box to it. As I am typing, I clicked on "MultiQuote" for both of your posts and the correct usernames appeared, so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask here...?

SBC has no control over your ability to copy-paste something because that's something that Windows/Mac does for you. You probably have issues with copy-pasting on other websites as well. If it's too much of a problem, change browsers, but there's nothing I can do about it because I don't have any control over copy-paste, nor does Facebook, Twitter, Google, or any other website. "Select All" is notoriously an Internet Explorer feature, and IE is a horrible browser that does horrible things to websites. It might be for the best if you leave it for Firefox or Chrome.

Now with the username changing like that... I don't know about you, but copy-pasting a quote into the reply box has never made a quote box appear in the editor. I always had to add the quote box to it. As I am typing, I clicked on "MultiQuote" for both of your posts and the correct usernames appeared, so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask here...?

I use Firefox though. And that glitch happened for me when I did not use MultiQuote. If you can't fix it, that's fine. I just wanted to point it out.

Guest hilaryfan80

When I visit certain profiles, it says "illegal string offset"

I think I have the same thing. If it has anything to do with it, I have Flashcontrol.

0uiT2QA.png?1

Profile music has been removed for the following reasons:

1. It's illegal. We were distributing music without paying for royalties;
  2. It was causing issues with the new server;
  3. There are legal options we can pursue in place of our current profile music system.

I'll make a new topic about profile music when I make a new system for it. :)

Profile music has been removed for the following reasons:

1. It's illegal. We were distributing music without paying for royalties;
  2. It was causing issues with the new server;
  3. There are legal options we can pursue in place of our current profile music system.

I'll make a new topic about profile music when I make a new system for it. :)

Alright then.

The interface isn't exactly mobile friendly on iPhones, and typing this message on the phone was a little harder than it needed to be--everything gets cut off and it's impossible to scroll to the portion of the message I want to edit.

12053137_905831986163935_1132328912_n.jp

12028918_905838646163269_1723812672_n.jp

Also, under "insert other media", trying to insert an existing file gives us this glitch.

12033739_905839856163148_1903141632_n.jp

The interface isn't exactly mobile friendly on iPhones, and typing this message on the phone was a little harder than it needed to be--everything gets cut off and it's impossible to scroll to the portion of the message I want to edit.

Also, under "insert other media", trying to insert an existing file gives us this glitch.

While I'm not an expert on this, I think it might be because of the same thing you have already stated - the skins we currently have are likely not optimized for mobile use. I'm pretty sure we used to have an IP Board Mobile skin for use on mobile - however, I typically still used the other skins on my phone back on IPB 3 and I was able to scroll to where I needed to go if needed. 

One reason that you're blocked out of attachments is that your user group might not be able to use them yet. Again, I'm not sure about that but I know we've had problems like that in the past and it likely involved a simple check mark getting unchecked for a user group and causing a certain feature to be un-useable for said group.

While this is being fixed, I can recommend installing Tapatalk. It should be available for iPhones and it works for most forums, not just SBC. I've used it before and it's a nice way to have your favorite forums at your fingertips, completely optimized for mobile use. :)

Again, these are just my theories on what's going on and some solutions I can offer to fix them for the time being. hilaryfan80 should be able to give you more information on what's going on tech-wise. :)

Your group can access attachments, so I dunno why that message is popping up. Like CNF said, I can also recommend Tapatalk for easy mobile use, but you can wait for hilaryfan80's input as well.

Guest hilaryfan80

I'm already well aware of this issue. The reason why is because the banner does not properly resize. If you use the Splash skin, you'll find that this is no longer the case - you could use that skin temporarily until I figure out a way to properly resize the logo on mobile devices. :)

And I will look into the attachments and see what's going on.

Guest hilaryfan80

Due to how IPS 4 works, I am locking this topic. If you have any bugs you'd like to report, please post it in the "Ask the Magic Conch Shell" forum. :)