• Advertisement

042b. My Pretty Seahorse

NegiSpongie

Love this episode. Lots of funny moments. 10/10

"I can't find the coin slot! Here it is!"

"Help! Kiddie ride on the loose!"

*Squidward crashes his bike off a clip and blows up*

Very underrated. I actually love this episode so much and It's better than It's partner, Club SpongeBob in my opinon. This episode was really funny. I think Squidward was the best chracter in this episode. There were many funny parts in this episode like Squidward saying "Good morning, flowers" and then flowers hiss at him, Squidward exploding, SpongeBob's seahorse eating many stuffs, Mr. Krabs rubing the eyes, the running gag with Squidward crying because of onions, Squidwars saying the seahorse ate all of Mr. Krabs's Money and the ending. It's another classic season 3 episode. 10/10

So, this episode has SpongeBob adopting a stray seahorse, even though he learned in Jellyfish Jam that taking in wild animals is a very bad idea. Must be the show's lack of continuity. Anyway, SpongeBob and the seahorse, which he names Mystery, have a grand old time in a montage that lasts all of three seconds. Then, sleeping snug on his floor, he asks Mystery the question we'd ask anything we picked off the street an hour ago: "Do you think we'll be friends forever?" The answer, of course, is no, because they only have 11 minutes.

The next morning, SpongeBob rides his new pet to work, and after he leaves Mystery outside, she's discovered by Scooter and some other dude that never left the 1990s. They conclude that she's a kiddie ride, and Scooter decides to try her out by putting a quarter in her coin slot, but it turns out that that's no coin slot, and the kiddie ride ends up sending Scooter to a radical grave. Mr. Krabs realizes that animals killing potential customers is bad business, so he orders SpongeBob to get rid of Mystery. SpongeBob doesn't do that, of course, and the seahorse ends up eating all the Krabby Patties, a spatula, a stove, and Old Man Jenkins under SpongeBob's watch. Meanwhile, Squidward, who seems to have miraculously survived falling off a cliff and blowing up, tries to get away from a bowl of onions.

The storytelling in this episode was flawless, and I liked how it focused on SpongeBob's attachment to the seahorse. You can really tell that he loved the creature, and you can almost feel his pain when he lets it go. Almost.

I've always been a fan of this episode. It's heart warming but completely hilarious especially with the Patrick scenes. That coin slot innundeo makes me scratch my head about how Nick allowed the joke every time. :P

10/10

• Like 1