• Advertisement

048b. Squilliam Returns

person

What are your opinions on this episode? I thought it was well planned and thought out. It made it seem like the Krusty Krab was a 5 star restaurant, but in the end Squilliam found it that it wasn't and that Squidward was just a cashier. I loved this episode so much. My favorite part was when Spongebob was emptying his mind of everything but fine dining and breathing, and then also when he forgot his name when Squilliam asked him what it was, and then when it went back to the brain again to try to find it. Indeed a true gem that I think is one of the best episodes of season 3. Maybe not one of the best of the entire series, but definitely one of the best of season 3. It was very well written and it was definitely enjoyable and a great pleasure to watch. So what do you guys think of this episode? Opinions please. DISCUSS.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Patrick was my favorite.

PATRICK: I thought the corps would help me straighten out my life, SIR!

SQUIDWARD: The corps? Pat, this isn't the-

May I take your coat, sir? May I take your hat, sir?

Another amazing and very funny season 3 episode. Although I kinda felt bad for Squidward at the end but I'm not gonna lower my score because of that. Many parts in this episode made me laugh and all characters in this episode, except Squilliam was very funny. Mr. Krabs plainy world's smallest violin was very funny. Patrick's "You mean like a weenie? OK! May I take your hat, sir? May I take your hat, sir? May I..." line was very funny. The parts when SpongeBob became crazy cracked me up. "HOMMANA" parts were also funny. Squidward saying "Don't be intimidated, Squidward. Try to imagine him in his underwear.", then he imagining him in his underwear and then saying "Oh, no, he's hot" was very funny and then the Squidiam ship was born!!! Perfect episode but It's still not awesome as Band Geeks. 10/10

SpongeBob isn't exactly a series known for its continuity. That's why appearances from characters like Bubble Bass and Bubble Buddy in Season 9 were considered such big deals. Obviously, Squilliam's appearance in this Season 3 episode isn't as big of a deal, but it's still worth noting. The episode that Squilliam was in before this one was Band Geeks, an episode considered by many to be the greatest one ever. I'm not sure if that influenced the writers' decision to revisit the character, but the basic structure is similar to BG: Squilliam brags to Squidward about how successful he and his unibrow is, Squidward tells Squilliam that he's something he's not, and Squidward works to cover up his lie and make himself look good in front of his rival. This episode, however, trades the subtly that came with Season 2 with the wackier, outlandish humor of Season 3, creating an episode that is not only distinct from Band Geeks but just as funny, making it a worthy successor. So put down that tiny violin. There will be no sad music tonight.