• Advertisement

158a. Sweet and Sour Squid

Jjs Goodman

Airs tonight at 7:30. Discuss.

Sweet_Squid.jpg

Sweet and Sour Squidward

* Okay, I missed the original 7:30 airing. Yeah. But I was lucky enough to catch the 10:30 airing on Nick 2.

* The patty is suddenly whistling?

* Please no!

* I have, so I take offense to that.

* So, Plankton's nickname for Squidward is "The Skinny One".

* Nice try Plankton, but he doesn't want your services.

* Rude much?

* I'll give him credit for this disguise.

* Yeah, he'll believe this one alright. Nice try.

* Door Slam? Is this a new game?

* He does Squidward. He does.

* SpongeBob didn't exactly have a whole lot of spotlight in this episode, but it makes sense.

* At least he was being nice.

* Cue the musical number.

* The musical number was enjoyable and slightly laughable.

* An unfortunate truth.

* He is the cashier, Plankton. Not the fry cook.

* Well, this episode taught us something. Squidward himself doesn't even know the formula.

* Squidward called Plankton "Sheldon" for once. That is the first time in a while someone has called him that since "Plankton's Army".

* So, Plankton is stealing clarinets now?

* Freeze Plankton!

* I'll admit, it was nice to see Plankton get blamed for the music and not poor Squidward. But Squidward's clarinet got crushed..

Grade: B+

Did anyone else notice that this is the very first episode after the movie that was written by only writers that were writing since season 1?

Nope. 428899.gif

But this episode was meh. I didn't like the plot, I never really laughed, and I thought it was kinda stupid. 947717.png

I thought it was an okay episode with a nice change of being centered around Squidward and Plankton for a change. But it wasn't too entertaining when they actually became friends though, and I ESPECIALLY didn't like hearing an awful song like Pinball Wizard being played in the episode. But I liked how Plankton got arrested at the end for the bad music instead of Squidward, and how his clarinet looked like a saxaphone at the end.

The song Squidward and Plankton sang in the episode is based on the song "Pinball Wizard" by The Who.

The only reason I hate the song is because I had to sing it a lot whenever I played Rock Band and I found the lyrics and point of the song to be completely stupid. I'll admit that Plankton's version was kinda catchy.

Disregard my prior post, I was posting to post. :$

Sweet and Sour Squidward - 10/10

This episode had me laughing and giggling throughout the entirety of this brand new relationship that is Plankton and Squidward. Both of them are failures in what they want to achieve (getting the recipe and becoming a musician respectively) and that's why they mesh so well together. I love that this wasn't one of those typical episodes where one of the characters can easily manipulate one of the stupider characters; that's where several jokes came from (such as the door slamming bit), where Plankton tries to trick Squidward, but fails. Overall, this episode was just so much fun to watch, which is why it gets a perfect score! :D

• Like 1

Sweet and Sour Squid - 10/10

One of the many hidden gems of Season 8, and this may be the best yet. The chemistry between Squidward and Plankton was done really orderly, without making it rushed. The episode was also very hilarious. No jokes missed here, at all, and that is quite an accomplishment, especially for post-movie. I also loved Plankton's attempts to fool Squidward. So pathetic, yet so humorous. So overall, this is my favorite Season 8 episode, and one of the best post-movie episodes overall. Excellent. A+

9.5/10

I was absolutely surprised by how good this episode was.  How do you make such an under the radar episode excellent?  By taking the current best two characters from the post-season.  I feel that Squidward and Plankton have not lost a step in regards to humor on the show and these two have such golden chemistry together that I kinda wish they had more episodes like this.  This is one of my new post-movie favorites and can't wait to watch this episode again.

Squidward and Plankton are two of the most developed characters in the show. Their psyches have been explored the most, and while they have also been exaggerated, they have also remained the funniest characters in the show. An episode putting the two together was inevitable, and I'm sort of surprised it didn't happen sooner. An interesting point is that this is the only Post Movie episode to be written by writers that wrote together pre-movie- Aaron Springer and Mr. Lawrence wrote this one, and they wrote some Season 1 classics together like SB-129.

It's a simple premise that's laid back and filled with good jokes, like Door Slam. And the song was nice and moderately catchy too. Good effort, nice for Season 8. 9/10.

I love this episode so much. It's one of my favorite post-movie episodes. This episode is creative, well-writen and funny. This is the first episode that focuses on Plankton and Squidward's relationship and I loved the chemistery between Plankton and Squidward in this episode. If you compare Plankton/Squidward pairing to Stewie/Brian pairing in Family Guy, you will see that Plankton/Squidward pairing is better than Stewie/Brian pairing. I laughed at so many parts in this episode. Plankton saying "Karen, Karen, for the first time, it's hit me!" and then Karen saying "What, the door on your way out?" was funny. Squidward pouring water on Plankton was very funny. Door slam thing in this episode cracked me up. Plankton getting annoyed by Squidward's music was hilarious. Squidward annoying everyone in Bikini Bottom with his clarinet was funny. The police car running over Squidward's clarinet and then Squidward saying "Once again, I hate people" was hilarious. I recommend this episode to Plankton and Squidward fans. 10/10