• Advertisement

114a. Dear Vikings

70s

Is that you, TattleTaleStrangler, from SBM?

And what a coincidence, I just mentioned Dear Vikings in the another thread and I come here and someone's just started a thread for it. 428899.gif

Is that you, TattleTaleStrangler, from SBM?

And what a coincidence, I just mentioned Dear Vikings in the another thread and I come here and someone's just started a thread for it. 428899.gif

I thought that too. 428899.gif

Not horrible, but it really isn't a work of art. The plot really felt un-SpongeBob like (Vikings underwater, really?). The ending was just terribly rushed, and it left the episode open. I really don't think it deserved an emmy nomination either, or its own DVD. 4/10

I think a lot of people dislike this episode for the same reason a lot of people dislike Karate Island. Dear Vikings got an Emmy nomination and its own DVD, and Karate Island got the number one spot on the Best Day Ever countdown. Neither of those episodes deserved the honors they got, but there was nothing we could do about it, so we shouldn't hold grudges against them. With all that said, I'll give Dear Vikings a 3/10. It's bad, but not exceptionally bad.

• Like 1

The beginning wasn't that bad, but when they got into the ship that's where it got worse. If they had some sort of Shanghied plot (without repeating the episode of course) we could work with it more. They could have explored the ship more (I would have really liked that). They kinda just stand around. But I did like "Barnacle butt" and Squidward's story about vikings. You know that mountain castle thing in the montage scene where SpongeBob's letter was being sent? Maybe we could have had a story about that.

But alas, it is what it is.

5/10