• Advertisement

003a. Jellyfishing

70s

Discuss this episode here.

I love this episode, but I have just one thought: If this was a post-movie episode, wouldn't everyone hate it for Squidward abuse? Probably. But since it's a pre-movie episode, it's instead generally viewed as a good episode.

This is my third favorite episode of all time. I love all the songs in this episode and when Squidward is in a full body cast and in a wheel chair. Every part of it is splendid. Also, it seems like development goes on here in this episode, because Squidward didn't really remember Patrick's name, so I liked that too.

I absolutely agree with 70s statement. I feel that the Squidward abuse would annoy a lot of people if this was aired in one of the later seasons.

Otherwise, this is a good episode.

8/10

Discuss this episode here.

I love this episode, but I have just one thought: If this was a post-movie episode, wouldn't everyone hate it for Squidward abuse? Probably. But since it's a pre-movie episode, it's instead generally viewed as a good episode.

It's just bias. People tend to have more love for pre-movie episodes than they have for post-movie episodes just because they were before Hillenburg left.

I can see where some people are coming from when they say if this aired after the movie, but I think that although it was a Squidward abuse episode, it was actually funny. The ones after the movie aren't as funny as this one, I don't think. They try to hard to be funny, but this one just is.

That being said, I think this episode is great. 8/10

As far as Squidward abuse goes, there are some cringeworthy moments here. Most notably Patrick blowing soup into his face and of course, the "FIRMLY GRASP IT!" scene. While it's still a funny enough episode, and I like that SpongeBob and Patrick get their fair share of jellyfish stings too, it is a little cringe-heavy.

One of the most underrated episodes of the first season. I thought Squidward's abuses were very funny, mainly when he fell off a cliff, Patrick kept trying to "Firmly grasp," and being chased by a jellyfish. Other scenes that were funny was SpongeBob and Patrick singing a familiar tune while trying to catch a jellyfish but then zapped instead. In my opinio, this episode will get a 9/10.

This episode is so overrated. It's not one of the best season 1 episodes or one of the best episodes. Squidward got tortured many times in this episode and he didn't even deserve it. If this was in post-movie era, people would hate this episode a lot but It's in pre-movie era, so people think this episode is one of the funniest episodes. I don't really hate this episode because It is very funny. There were many funny parts like the begining, Squidward exploding, SpongeBob and Patrick trying to give Squidward his best day, "Firmly grasp it" part, the mother jellyfish zapping Squidward and the ending. Overall, It's a great episode but Squidward got tortured too much. 8.5/10.