• Advertisement

067b. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture

CDCB

Eh, I don't know. I find this episode very childish. I mean, even though i will still rate this episode a 6.5/10, I really think that there are better episodes in the MM & BB series (so to speak) But, i did like the part where mermaid man said "we've got to get back those stolen naggy daddies" that is probably my favorite quote in Spongebob history. That quote alone is what saves this episode's score.

6.5/10

• God Himself 1

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really underrated.

I thought this was one of Season 4's best. 9.5/10

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really underrated.

I thought this was one of Season 4's best. 9.5/10

I actually agree with this. I thought this was a pretty funny episode (like the actors part for example) and really felt like a pre-movie episode. An interesting writing team for the episode as well (Chris Mitchell, Casey Alexander, and Paul Tibitt). Overall, good episode. 9/10

• Sad 1

I really enjoyed this episode. Even with it being a post-movie episode, it still manages to retain much of the charm the Golden Era had. I thought the episode paced well and the animation was great -- what I really liked about it was the fact that Mr. Krabs had the same appearance as he did in Season 3. At first, I found it bizarre how he looked very "classical" for a Season 4 episode, but later, I found out that this episode was, in fact, originally supposed to air during Season 3, but didn't, and got remade. Now, that's interesting.

I also got quite a few laughs from this episode. Two notably funny scenes for me include Mermaid Man repeatedly messing up on his lines and SpongeBob throwing a tantrum after he discovers that Patrick left the lens cap on the whole time. 

What really gave this episode a classic feel for me was the fact that Nick UK used the Seasons 1-3 NTSC-to-PAL conversion method for this episode. This means that the music is not higher-pitched in comparison to the United States broadcast and the voices don't sound like they're on helium. While Tom Kenny's new voice for the titular sponge is still noticeable, it's miles better sounding than in the PAL-speedup affected episodes. Again, as mentioned in my other reviews concerning Nick UK's broadcasting techniques, I wish they would use this conversion method for ALL post-movie episodes, not just this one and a bunch of others in this season. Oh, well... none of us have any control over it, I suppose... :(

So, in conclusion, I rate this episode an 8.5/10.

• Like 1

Another great season 4 episode. It was very funny but there were some gross-out humor too. I lowered my score because of that. Also a few parts were boring but It's still a great episode. Sandy was the funniest character in this episode. Many parts made me laugh like the begining, Mermaid Man saying "Vindication is ours! Vindi...how did I get up here?", Mr. Krabs saying Pearl's Krabby Patty is the new star, Squidward being makeup artist, Plankton pretending to be ManRay, the running gag with Sandy using detonator and then blowing up Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, the movie part and the ending. It's not one of my favorite season 4 episodes or my favorite MM&BB episode but It's still worth watching. 8.5/10

Another great season 4 episode. It was very funny but there were some gross-out humor too. I lowered my score because of that. Also a few parts were boring but It's still a great episode. Sandy was the funniest character in this episode. Many parts made me laugh like the begining, Mermaid Man saying "Vindication is ours! Vindi...how did I get up here?", Mr. Krabs saying Pearl's Krabby Patty is the new star, Squidward being makeup artist, Plankton pretending to be ManRay, the running gag with Sandy using detonator and then blowing up Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, the movie part and the ending. It's not one of my favorite season 4 episodes or my favorite MM&BB episode but It's still worth watching. 8.5/10

I watched it again and It was better than I remembered. Now I think It's one of season 4's best episodes, as well as the third best MMBB episode. 10/10

• Confused 1

Here's an example of how great Season 4 could be. The idea of the episode is pretty interesting to start out with. Along with that, this episode is really funny. There's never a dull moment, and they keep it going all the way through. Everyone's pretty much in character, there's nothing to really hate here (unless you're a frozen watermelon) and, as stated before, the humor is great. Why was Season 4 so hated years ago when it had episodes like this? For Casey Alexander's first episode, it pulls off with great results.

FINAL RATING: 8/10 (GREAT episode)

I still don’t think this episode is all that good.  The plot had a lot of potential to do so much with, but the end result just leaves me feeling unsatisfied.  Like, that’s it?  That’s what you decided to do with it because it felt like just a lot of pointless filler.  They go for the most predictable jokes:

-Squidward being a bad artist

-Sandy keep mishearing the word boom

-Patrick filming with the lenses cap on

-SpongeBob going weirdly insane over getting no footage

The only remotely good things to me were the recurring actors joke and Mermaid Man’s long winded speech.  Otherwise, very mediocre.  Much better analysis than this one:

On 5/28/2011 at 6:49 PM, Clappy said:

Meh. Very meh. I mean there are better episodes and there are much worse.

5.5/10