• Advertisement

055a. The Great Snail Race

Pakasa43

I thought these parts were funny. / Spongebob to Gary: "Looks like we're going to start our training now, ladies! (Laughs) I call you a lady to humiliate and demean you. It's a motivational technique us coaches use." (Scene cuts to Sandy walking, who stops) Sandy: "I don't know why, but I think I'll kick Spongebob's butt tomorrow." (Later) Sandy punches Spongebob and says: "That's for yesterday, Squarepants!" 526874.gif That is why you should NEVER use the word "Lady" in an insulting manner! icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm just going to get this out there before saying anything else: SpongeBob is a jerk in this episode. He's a meanie bo beanie who works his snail half to death so he can do what? Prove to Squidward that he can win a stupid contest? I've always had a problem with that aspect of the story, and that's one of the reasons this episode isn't in my top 20. However, the things this episode does right outweighs the things it does wrong, and that's why I couldn't have the heart to leave it off my list completely.

For one, this episode was chock-full of gags. Its writers knew how to keep me laughing, and keep me laughing it did. Also, the ending wrapped everything up perfectly. It not only redeemed SpongeBob and gave him a well-deserved kick to the seat of his pants (literally), but it brought Gary together with his first love interest in the series. After seeing him get tortured so badly, it was nice to see everything work out well for the old snail. All in all, I'd say that this episode, despite its faults, was a worthy member of Season 3.

A pretty decent episode. The gags were funny and the animation was superb. However, there is one, single thing that bothers me in this episode: SpongeBob's voice. I feel this is the episode in which it began to change; in some parts, his voice starts to fluctuate -- the most prominent instance being in the quotation, "YOU'RE BLOWING EVERYTHING WE'VE TRAINED FOR!!!" While it is not "PREPAAARE TO BE VANQUISHED-UH!" caliber, it still gave off an indication of what was to come for his voice in the later seasons. It's such a shame that Tom Kenny even thought about altering the voice of the titular character. Regardless, I rate this episode an 8/10.

I'm just going to get this out there before saying anything else: SpongeBob is a jerk in this episode. He's a meanie bo beanie who works his snail half to death so he can do what? Prove to Squidward that he can win a stupid contest? I've always had a problem with that aspect of the story, and that's one of the reasons this episode isn't in my top 20. However, the things this episode does right outweighs the things it does wrong, and that's why I couldn't have the heart to leave it off my list completely.

For one, this episode was chock-full of gags. Its writers knew how to keep me laughing, and keep me laughing it did. Also, the ending wrapped everything up perfectly. It not only redeemed SpongeBob and gave him a well-deserved kick to the seat of his pants (literally), but it brought Gary together with his first love interest in the series. After seeing him get tortured so badly, it was nice to see everything work out well for the old snail. All in all, I'd say that this episode, despite its faults, was a worthy member of Season 3.

This doesn't make sense. If it's what the plot intended, then it's not a flaw at all. On the contrary for this context, you should be liking it a hell of a lot more since the writting manage to give those excessive emotions.

In my opinion, this episode is another excellent season 3 episode and I thought this episode was very funny. I know this episode has Gary abuse and SpongeBob was a jerk in this episode but near the end of this episode, SpongeBob realized his mistake and starts to feel bad for Gary and also Gary got better after Snellie came to him and Gary and Snellie fell in love. That's why I'm gonna let Gary abuse slide in this episode. This episode is not one of the best season 3 episodes in my opinion but It's still funny and enjoyable and I recommend this episode. I laughed at many parts like the mailman mistaking Squidward's last name for "Tennisballs", Gary watching the TV, the woman joke, Nat's cameo, Partick's rock (Rocky) wining the race and Sandy kicking SpongeBob at the end. 10/10

This is another Series 3 episode I am not fond of. In terms of humor, this episode is on par with the rest of its respective era. But the actual plot was ridiculous and defies Spongebob's character, has some of the most offensive scenes in the entire series, and unpleasant to watch in general.  5.5/10 

• Like 1

Despite the brutal Gary abuse towards the end, I still find this episode unbelievably funny. Like I'd say it's one of the most funny episodes ever up there with Chooclate with Nuts and Band Geeks.

• Like 1