• Advertisement

045a. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV

CDCB

Didn't see this on the list, so I thought I'd made it.

So what do you think about this episode? Personally, it's my least favorite of the classic MMBB episodes. I'd give it a 7/10. What about you guys?

This episode is underrated. I actually liked this episode. I don't think this episode is the worst Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. Shuffleboarding is way worse than this episode. There were some parts that I didn't like too. I didn't like that SpongeBob kept shrinking everyone in Bikini Bottom. I hated that everyone tried to kill SpongeBob. The rest of this episode was great. There were some funny moments in this episode like the begining, SpongeBob wanting Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's autograph, SpongeBob shrinking everything in the kitchen, Patrick thinking Squidward is an action figure, "Wumbo" and Plankton's cameo at the end. I thought SpongeBob using Mermaid Man's belt to make Squidward big again was gross but funny. This episode has flaws but It's a great Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. 8/10

Ah, Mermaidman and Barnacleboy, arguably the greatest hexalogy of all time. This installment, like the one before it, focused less on our titular heroes and more on the hilarious antics of wannabe hero SpongeBob. In it, the happy sponge gets ahold of Mermaidman's utility belt which, among other things, can shrink stuff to the size of grapes. Recipe for disaster, am I correct? After Squidward catches SpongeBob having fun with the stolen device, SpongeBob shrinks him in desparation, and despite the tiny guy's pleas to go to Mermaidman about it, he refuses in fear of angering the senile old man and instead goes to someone smart and wise, with years of life experience: Patrick Star. Patrick steals the show, providing some well-needed laughs while SpongeBob tries to navigate his way out of the hole he dug for himself. Out of complete paranoia, he shrinks everybody in Bikini Bottom, then he makes his first good decision in the episode by shrinking himself and everything around him. By the end, it's like nothing changed at all! He should really return that belt, though.

This was an extremely funny episode with a touch of morbidity. The fact that I put it in my top two MM&BB episodes should tell you that I'm either crazy or know what I'm talking about. I personally hope it's the latter, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the former.

My pickle started in a jar and now it's back in one again .its like a pawn or something. This episode makes me laugh even when I'm asleep.

IM YOUR EYES WHILE YOUR AWAKE

it's a good episode 8/10