• Advertisement

155b. Sentimental Sponge

Jjs Goodman

Airs tonight before the KCA's along with a new "Penguins Of Madagascar".

Sentimental Sponge

* I think is the second time they refer to what season they are in (The first was Survival of The Idiots).

* Pete? Reminds me of Rocky...

* The toys in Kelp-O are different from the exclusive one in Waiting.

* Greasy memories? Perhaps a reference to Greasy Buffoons?

* ...And that's where they get the title from!

* I could just hear them scream "Yard Sale" when SpongeBob put the items in the front of the yard.

* I wonder if the Pizza shirt is a reference to Pizza Delivery?

* Alfred and Roger would make great friends.

* I liked the running gag of The cop blowing the microphone in Squid's face.

* Squidward has worn the pink night shirt before. They now notice it?

* I knew he couldn't forget about them all.

* I don't know what to think of this one. It just felt...odd to me. Not much to comment on this one. It wasn't terrible. Just strange.

Grade: B

I thought it was an okay episode. I kinda knew when Squidward suggested SpongeBob take photos of his items, they would take up the clutter instead of the trash.

Plus they also pointed out the season they were in My Pretty Seahorse also. The beginning kinda reminded me of that episode.

hm, I forgot there was a new episode..but I had Nick on and oh, there's a new SB um..it was weird, I agree, not bad but it dragged a little.

I'll give a proper review when I see it again.

Wumbology said:
My Pretty Seahorse and Krabby Land would like to say hello.

huh? I'm not sure I'm following you guys... in what part or way did they refer to the seasons in those eppies? ._.

huh? I'm not sure I'm following you guys... in what part or way did they refer to the seasons in those eppies? ._.

Oh, that confused me too. xD They don't mean the season like season 1, season 2, etc. They mean summer, fall, spring, winter.

I actually watched this episode, first time I have watched a SpongeBob premiere in a couple years.

The whole time I just kept thinking to myself, SpongeBob the hoarder? Anyway, it was just bland. Nothing made me like it, but nothing made me hate it. Ask me a few weeks from now and my response will be a pretty forgetable episode.

5/10

Flower #3:

Spoiler

yeI9cyM.png?1

Oh, that confused me too. xD They don't mean the season like season 1, season 2, etc. They mean summer, fall, spring, winter.

oh oh! kay, thanks for clearing that up, haha xD

The whole time I just kept thinking to myself, SpongeBob the hoarder?

Yah, same here :S

That seemed a bit off-Character since SpongeBob is such the neat freak..but he's also very obsessive which is why it's almost acceptable.

"SpongeBob didn't deserve an episode like that!"

This was almost tied to A Friendly Game. Season 8 is really winding itself down. SpongeBob can't part with some of his valuables becuase of something Patrick said. And when his house becomes full,Gary suggests that he put some things outside. And the cops codem SpongeBob's house until the junk is removed. How's the problum solved? Squidward and SpongeBob take pictures of the stuff. The ending? SpongeBob dumps all pictures in Squidward's front lawn. Huh?! This episode was really lame. The episode was just un-wwatchable. I just hope the writers don't get away with this and do an episode called "Mermaid Man vs. Squidward", and that would be another disaster.

FINAL GRADE: D (5)

A perfect example of what not to do in an episode. Maybe they need to give up this rushed-feeling formula they have been using on all the recent episodes and go back to what worked in seasons 1, 2, and 3. It's off-track and (can't believe I'm saying this about a SpongeBob episode!) boring. 3/10.

========= Sentimental Sponge ============

Season 08

Writers - Luke Brookshier, Nate Cash, Mr. Lawerence

Prod. Code - 155b

Rating - ★★ (5/10, C-)

======================================

I conjured up the Oxford today for the word "forgettable" The definition was, quote, "Sentimental Sponge". Seriously, this episode is probably one of the most forgettable, bland episodes in the 13/14 year history of SpongeBob SquarePants. If anything, I'm surprised I remember enough from it so I could write this review. It's definitely not horrible at all by any means, but it just doesn't really feel like they put much of an effort into it. It's like your run-of-the-mill diner. It's not bad food at all, it's just nothing to write home about. Sometimes, you wish there could be more of it, sometimes, you wish it just didn't exist. It's just purely so average it's average. And so, this is the lament of Sentimental Sponge. What drug-induced story do we have today, Perch?

It's spring in the small town of Bikini Bottom, and the flowers are taking over the fields like they're anchovies. SpongeBob and Gary go through your everyday cleaning montage, making the Pineapple look like a clean countertop in the middle of a vast kitchen. While taking out the trash, Patrick comes along and sets our dire plot into motion. Mr. Star catches our porous sea sponge throwing away.. a rock and a gum wrapper, and finds it to be shocking. He remarks that SpongeBob needs to learn how to be sentimental with his keepsakes, and then walks off to somewhere, not to be seen again until the end of the episode.

SpongeBob is convinced he should be a bit more sentimental with his items, and then effectively becomes a hoarder which you might find in a Lifetime television movie. SpongeBob's mental chaos ensues quite minorly, actually for the next 3 minutes or so until the trash expands out of the once-clean fruit home into the front yard of Squidward's Easter Island head. Squidward gets ticked and calls the Sanitation Police, including everybody's favorite Ticket Cop and that blue guy who's always with him who once went through a long-hair phase.

oiAAgRu.png

(not from this episode)

They proceed to condemn the home until the junk is removed from the premises. Squidward recommends that SpongeBob takes photos of the junk before he moves them to the dump. He proceeds to do so and everything is fine until the photos clutter up the yard again and Patrick shows up again for some reason. The end.

What was up with this episode? Were they out of ideas so they just made SpongeBob a hoarder? If anything, it felt like an episode where the plot was halfway done.. it felt lacking in a lot of areas. Why does SpongeBob have to hoard everything? Does that really count as being sentimental? Plus, the jokes felt really awkward, like, for example, there's one joke where the Sanitation Police leave and then a logo shows up with the words "Sanitation Police" ion it plus a 60's like cop song. What was the point of that? Maybe if the joke had been built a little throughout the scen, it might've, but it didn't succeed. All of the other jokes are SpongeBob's excessive hoarding and like, two other characters' reactions to it. (Of course, Squidward, and Gary.)

Overall, a forgettable, forgettable episode. Not funny, not interesting in the slightest, but not horrible enough that it ranks up with the greats of horribleness (Squid's Visit, Stuck In The Wringer).

I give it 5 cops with sideburns out of 10.

oiAAgRu.pngoiAAgRu.pngoiAAgRu.pngoiAAgRu.pngoiAAgRu.png

C-, 5/10.

• Like 1

I actually liked this episode and there were some funny moments like everyone saying "nice dress" and then Squidward saying "IT'S A NIGHT SHIIRT!!!". There weren't any boring parts for me. I only didn't like that Squidward called the sanitation police and the polices condemned SpongeBob and Squidward's house. This episode is way better than I expected. 9.5/10

This episode is just meh. SpongeBob's hoarding got under my skin for some reason, and the only time I kind of laughed was the dress nightshirt gag. On the positive side, Pete had one of his best performances in this episode.

Final score: 5.5/10