• Advertisement

Rebecca Black

Doogle.

(CBS) Rebecca Black says endless teasing and harassment from classmates forced her to pull out of her Orange County, Calif., school.

The 14-year-old, whose much-buzzed video for her song "Friday" became a YouTube phenomenon, is now being homeschooled by her mother.

"When I walk by they'll start singing 'Friday' in a really nasally voice," Black tells ABC News. "Or, you know, they'll be like, 'Oh hey, Rebecca, guess what day it is?"

After the video's release in March, it hit 167 million views, which is roughly half of the population of the United States, ABC News points out.

But it was heavily ridiculed for the song's lyrics ("Kickin' in the front seat / Sittin' in the back seat / Gotta make my mind up / Which seat can I take?"), and many critics questioned if it was the worst song ever.

Black, however, can count a few celebs as fans including Simon Cowell, who told People magazine that he "loves her and the fact that she's gotten so much publicity."

"People are so upset about the song, but I think it's hysterical," he said.

Black, who recently stepped out at the Teen Choice Awards, was also invited to star in Katy Perry's music video for "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)." She even joined Perry onstage at her Los Angeles tour stop last week, where the two sang a duet to "Friday."

"It's hard because everyone wants to say 'Oh my God, I'm this big star now,'" Black said. "But I don't see it that way. I'm still the same 14-year-old girl that loves to hang out with her friends."

Some people are just assholes. A girl dropping out of school due to bullying? That's just one step too far.

Some people are just assholes. A girl dropping out of school due to bullying? That's just one step too far.

Yeah, I mean... honestly... it's a fucking song. Music is meant to be enjoyed, and if it's a bad song, who gives a shit? She seriously should've just taken the bullying in and not let it affect her. But her in the TGIF video got a lot of comments saying, "This is how you do a good song about Friday."

Mmkay, Katy Perry and Rebecca Black are two different kinds of singers. One sings about cocks, the other could be a Disney Channel star. One is an adult, the other is in middle school. One is considered very sexy, one is considered cute as a button (others say she's ugly, but those are just dumbasses who don't know what true beauty is or are insecure about themselves). You can't compare them, and I liked her in the TGIF vid.

This has been getting a lot of buzz lately. Rebecca Black has opened up some more about how much her one song had impacted her life. Struggling because of one bad song while it was still fresh was one thing, but having to deal with depression for longer than that mainly because of the negative attention towards "Friday" is something else. She didn't deserve this at all, so it's good to see that she's talking about overcoming the depression that she had faced.