• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

Pretty great, I liked how we got the explanation a little on how the magic book works and Purple Perch returns for another reference to the original movie. Those 2-D scenes actually flowed well in terms of comedy. For once it didn't feel forced. 

FWxn08O.png

• Like 1

I highly enjoyed those four minutes.  Definitely better than the two trailers we've gotten, which don't hold up as well as the months go by in anticipation.  Still not sure if I'm going to see this in theaters or not, but my plan is to see this eventually in 2015.  After all, this is a SpongeBob forum and I'm a part of it.

I don't know if this is just a coincidence, or the fact that they may be recycling drawings and what not, but I noticed that Plankton was making pretty much the exact same face in the new clip as he did in the old movie when he says, "I WILL RULE THE WORLD!" 

First movie: 

5IJAlNa.png?1

Second movie:

hSogHYI.png?1 

I dunno, just an observation. The clip was absolutely fantastic, words can't describe how excited I am for this!

• Like 4

I don't know if this is just a coincidence, or the fact that they may be recycling drawings and what not, but I noticed that Plankton was making pretty much the exact same face in the new clip as he did in the old movie when he says, "I WILL RULE THE WORLD!" 

First movie: 

5IJAlNa.png?1

Second movie:

hSogHYI.png?1 

I dunno, just an observation. The clip was absolutely fantastic, words can't describe how excited I am for this!

Well that could be one of Sherm's drawings, as a similar one for SpongeBob got recycled for this second film.

First movie: 

5IJAlNa.png?1

Second movie:

hSogHYI.png?1

That's a good observation there. I'll post this on SBM so that I can get other people's opinions.

Nice reference from "The Road Warrior" 1982 movie when Bikini Bottom became (more or less) a dystopian wasteland after the Krabby Patty Secret Formula went 'Poof.'  B) And the faces that Spongebob and Patrick make after eating cotton candy are just SO kawaii! :D Enough said! ;)

• Like 1