• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

I don't think it's bad, the superhero story is a little silly but I'm okay with it. I wonder what's Sandy's involvement in this since we've clearly seen her models on land. I wonder if Sandy will have realistic looking fur or not.

TWIST: That's not actually Mr. Krabs but Robo-Krabs and Plankton is controlling him. :o

Ehh, the story sounds fun, and the models are okayish. My main concern is that they'll sit Sandy out like last time, and if that happens, I am going to be so angry.

Ehh, the story sounds fun, and the models are okayish. My main concern is that they'll sit Sandy out like last time, and if that happens, I am going to be so angry.

I'm gonna be more angry than last time if they leave her out. As it is now it's a superhero group of four guys. That's not how you do superhero teams.

• Like 1

If Sandy does join the superhero team, I hope she does. She could be the scientific genius that could pull of some crazy karate moves.  :swag:

teehee 700th post

I'm...Not really too disappointed at all. I mean the names are cringey (Mr. Superawesomeness? Foh), but the actual models don't look bad in the least. I really like Patrick's design, actually. SpongeBob's buffness is sorta cool and Squidward's superhero costume I like too. Mr. Krabs' robot thing I'm iffy on.

The entire superhero thing sounds meh- But the Avengers style climax on land seems cool to me. The CGI still looks as pointless as ever, but I'm starting to warm up to it a bit more. Hell, if the characters were animated in CGI solely for the superhero segment, I'd be more positive.

For now, I'm still cautiously optimistic, not as "wtf is this" as I was before.

I'm gonna be more angry than last time if they leave her out. As it is now it's a superhero group of four guys. That's not how you do superhero teams.

According to this poster 

BtV2iitCQAAerL3.jpg

Sandy is in there (the real looking squirrel)

I really hope she doesn't get singled out as she's a main character too and deserves some love

• Like 4

That realistic Sandy is perfect! (Yes the poster cheesy but oh well. :P ) It really captures the show and I love how Plankton is the green hulk. Whenever he thinks of anything besides the formula it's an already A for me.

You know I applaud this movie for taking different risks and having somewhat different animation than the first. It's really irritating to have a second movie be so identical to the first.

edit:

WAIT. 

WAIT.

It just hit me, where are Squidward's other legs. He looks like he only has two instead of four. 

The new poster is alright, and I'm glad it features realistic Sandy. At this point, my final thoughts on the film will be based on the eventual trailer.

I'll probably watch it when it premieres on tv or dvd due to me saving up money for the DBZ Battle Of Gods theatrical release. hopefully it's good

But you can't miss this. You're that one Spongebob fan.

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about this superhero storyline tbh. I am still holding out for some sort of trailer before I make any actual judgment on if this will be worth about $10 to see in theaters. At least the CGI on land creatures look pretty cool, despite Squidward losing two additional legs and Mr. Krabs seemingly turning into a robot. But what I am waiting for is to see this so called menacing evil that requires the SB characters to turn into superheroes and how they get turned into them.

I'm very excited! On another site, someone actually had acces to a scrapped/alternate promo poster. They just had to keep it quiet and promise to not post it online. Does someone here have it? Do you maybe wanna PM it to me? I heard it looks awesome!