• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

Because I haven't said this before, I'm liking the updates.

If this is going to play at the same day the Fifty Shades of Grey movie does, I don't know how this movie is going to perform in sales.

Yeah but let me point out to you Steel that Fifty Shades is targeted for a completely different audience than SpongeBob. If anything, SpongeBob will be excellent counter programming to 50 Shades since it's a movie for families while 50 Shades will more than likely be a hard NC-17 flick about S&M. If anything, 50 Shades is a dangerous product to project in box office sales while SpongeBob already has a built in audience while also being probably the first family friendly movie of 2015.

• Like 1

http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/viacom-spongebob-movie-plans/

Viacom apparently has very big plans for marketing SpongeBob SquarePants 2 since it's going to be a part of Paramount's new animation department ever since Paramount sold the rights to DreamWorks Animation to 20th Century Fox a few years ago.

The SB-Movie 2 is just 385 Days Away--Well, that is still a long time in my book. So I just had a few thoughts that I wanted to share with you guys.

This movie cannot have post-movie moments. (Face Freeze, The Splinter, Toe-Nail Scene in House Fancy) This should be an obvious statement. For example, I truly enjoyed the episode House Fancy, though it is hard to think of the episode without also thinking of the terrible toenail seen. Wouldn't it be horrible if the SB Movie 2 was the best movie ever, but all you could think about is the un-needed extras? 

Patrick's dumbness should obviously be limited. That should explain itself.

The trailer has got to show the skeptical bunch that it could actually be an enjoyable movie. Honestly I am dying waiting to see even a teaser trailer for the Spongebob Movie 2. One thing is for sure, the trailer for the movie has got to make an impact and create a good first impression among all.

What I am trying to say is, I personally would love to see Spongebob end with a bang. I'd love to see a great movie, and maybe followed by a final season 10? Who knows maybe Stephen Hillenburg, Eric Weise, and Sherm Cohen could make a comeback and help write season 10? Imagine how awesome that would be. I guess we can always dream.

Now I do enjoy a lot of the current writers work, but Sherm Cohen, Eric Weise, and Mr. Lawrence as a writing team? epic.

• Like 3

The SB-Movie 2 is just 385 Days Away--Well, that is still a long time in my book. So I just had a few thoughts that I wanted to share with you guys.

This movie cannot have post-movie moments. (Face Freeze, The Splinter, Toe-Nail Scene in House Fancy) This should be an obvious statement. For example, I truly enjoyed the episode House Fancy, though it is hard to think of the episode without also thinking of the terrible toenail seen. Wouldn't it be horrible if the SB Movie 2 was the best movie ever, but all you could think about is the un-needed extras? 

Patrick's dumbness should obviously be limited. That should explain itself.

The trailer has got to show the skeptical bunch that it could actually be an enjoyable movie. Honestly I am dying waiting to see even a teaser trailer for the Spongebob Movie 2. One thing is for sure, the trailer for the movie has got to make an impact and create a good first impression among all.

What I am trying to say is, I personally would love to see Spongebob end with a bang. I'd love to see a great movie, and maybe followed by a final season 10? Who knows maybe Stephen Hillenburg, Eric Weise, and Sherm Cohen could make a comeback and help write season 10? Imagine how awesome that would be. I guess we can always dream.

Now I do enjoy a lot of the current writers work, but Sherm Cohen, Eric Weise, and Mr. Lawrence as a writing team? epic.

You know, I really do appreciate your post, but based on how I'm feeling, if I see one more person who retrospects the honest to goodness toenail scene when thinking about Spongebob's flaws, I'm probably gonna be saying to myself "Well yeah, because the toenail scene sure is the only thing about Spongebob that people care about anymore, huh?"

These days, I just hope Spongebob doesn't get worse.

• Like 1

t

You know, I really do appreciate your post, but based on how I'm feeling, if I see one more person who retrospects the honest to goodness toenail scene when thinking about Spongebob's flaws, I'm probably gonna be saying to myself "Well yeah, because the toenail scene sure is the only thing about Spongebob that people care about anymore, huh?"

These days, I just hope Spongebob doesn't get worse.

Yeah I see what your point is, though I just feel like moments like that would get easily criticized and I mean really easily in a spongebob movie.

I look over that scene and infact I haven't even mentioned it before this post on this site, I was more of trying to say that this movie cannot have any gross-out moments.

Obviously there are a lot of other factors that contribute a lot more to a good spongebob episode

Awesome finds! :D I remember in the filming for the movie, they had human stand ins for SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward on a dry land road. Maybe SpongeBob got ran over (by the pirate boat ?) or he's just being over emotional like the first movie? (reminds me of the following)

PatrickandSpongebobcrying.gif

Awesome finds! :D I remember in the filming for the movie, they had human stand ins for SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward on a dry land road. Maybe SpongeBob got ran over (by the pirate boat ?) or he's just being over emotional like the first movie? (reminds me of the following)

PatrickandSpongebobcrying.gif

Actually I think this scene takes place underwater, as there is a boat in the background.

Actually I think this scene takes place underwater, as there is a boat in the background.

Yeah that's why I meant it's either underwater or the pirate's boat vehicle who steals the Krabby Patty. Speaking of lusting over Krabby Patties...

What if by ironic events Plankton is working pirate who steals the formula? Or Plankton helps the crew get it back like in The Other Patty or Best Frenemies because he doesn't want other competition between Krabs and him.

"Plankton you did it, you....saved the formula?" - SpongeBob

"DON'T EVER speak of this again!" - Plankton

But Plankton likely more is working with the pirate (if we had to choose either) since we haven't seen him in the making of the movie yet.