• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

It could be a Direct-to-DVD instead of a full-length feature film. There would be so many upset fans if they decided to make a sequel to the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. My guess is that it's going to be an extended special that will last 1-2 hours and will premiere on Nickelodeon.

what's a Direct-to-DVD?

Seeing all this makes me appreciate this show...I just love how they're keeping the integrity they had with the first flick. How? They're not just making a special or an actual sequel to the first movie that never lives up to the original's. No, they're making a beautiful flick like the first one and it doesn't seem to be poisoned by the traditional standards of sequels or TV cartoons coming on the screen. It's an easy and adventurous story to follow. And well, to me that's everything the little guy is about.

TL:dr

If I was to die in some fiery explosion do the carelessness of how excited I was after the movie, well that would just be okay.

• Like 2

Paul Tibbitt has uploaded some pictures of the new movie:

BawrWukCUAEAVgR.jpg

SdsRPMH.jpg

If you look carefully on the first picture, you can see on the left, what appears to be a storyboard of the movie. It's impossible to make out, but it's something. The second one also appears to have the Krusty Krab in a war zone.

• Like 7

Is that Sherm? :D The war scene ones (top and bottom right of the second one) could be the beginning of the second movie. It could be like the crime scene beginning of the first movie. What a possible way to start the movie off with a bang.

Paul Tibbitt has uploaded some pictures of the new movie:

BawrWukCUAEAVgR.jpg

SdsRPMH.jpg

If you look carefully on the first picture, you can see on the left, what appears to be a storyboard of the movie. It's impossible to make out, but it's something. The second one also appears to have the Krusty Krab in a war zone.

Aww, what a happy urinal cake. :P

In the 4th picture it looks like Patrick is in some kind of a tank, so your war zone theory could be correct jjs.

• Like 1

It sure would be great if we could finally see Uncle Sherm in the second "Spongebob Squarepants" movie, and that actually sounds like a good idea; the Krusty Krab having to fight a war for its survival! :ph34r: Since we've already had Plankton and his most diabolical plot ever in the first "Spongebob Squarepants" movie be foiled, maybe this time the villain can be a character not yet introduced into the "Spongebob Squarepants" character canon; such as an old nemesis of either Uncle Sherm and/or Mr. Krabs. B) Enough said! ;)

Don't think this has been mentioned yet: Casey Alexander has not done any work on the sb movie 2 according to personal twitter account.

@_dolza_ What kind of work did you do on the second SB movie? Boards, designs, etc?

@iyamtheman72 Haven't done a lick of work on sb2.

Also apparently Vincent Waller can't confirm or deny an appearance of Larry and Mermaid-man/ Barnacle Boy in the movie.

edit- He also mentioned today (1/22/14) of  Alan Smart, Erik WeiseKenny Pittenger, Peter Bennett, and Teale Wang's involvement with the movie.

• Like 2