• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jinjo

I actually really like the idea of the characters becoming super heroes and getting out of the water, despite the fact it's done before, only differently. But why does it have to be about the krabby patty recipe again..?! They could have made up a cool plot involving Sandy and other land creatures in trouble, for instance.

Edit: The longer I think about it, the poster actually looks pretty epic. I'm very looking forward to the movie. I trust the writers on it, and I don't think that something that is SpongeBob SquarePants can fall flat on it's face. Especially considering the writers know that this might be their only change to get it's popularity back.

Thought this was mildly interesting in relations to the superheroes and what not.

4D7M5Gn.jpg

Adding on to the poster though. This poster always looks like SB is the size of a human, I think it's because of the angle of the shoreline. It should be a lot lower since SB is so small. I'm pretty sure the first movie looked more proportional when they were on the beach.

Uh, what? Really? That's your standard for being epic? A picture of Spongebob and a crab?

I meant the animation :P We've seen sb's buns enough times, so I could never be epic. The crab, though, doesn't look a single bit like Mr. Krabs, come to think of it..

Thought this was mildly interesting in relations to the superheroes and what not.

4D7M5Gn.jpg

Adding on to the poster though. This poster always looks like SB is the size of a human, I think it's because of the angle of the shoreline. It should be a lot lower since SB is so small. I'm pretty sure the first movie looked more proportional when they were on the beach.

He looks bigger than a human. Unless the tree next to him is actually really really tall and those are just low-hanging leaves, then he's about the size of a tree.

Ehhhh..... Shy to admit, I actually... like... CGi... movies.

*gets boo'd*

Meh, maybe it's less of a curse, since I won't have a hard time getting used to the transition? XD

Legit can't wait for this.

~~~~

Not only the idea of becoming superheros was done in MermaidMan and Barnacle Boy V.....

To be fair; in that episode, the gang only became sidekicks. And Krabs wasn't there, either :P

~~~~

He looks bigger than a human. Unless the tree next to him is actually really really tall and those are just low-hanging leaves, then he's about the size of a tree.

spongebob-2-600x888.jpg?9098e0

imo, it looks like the tree is at a distance away. Plus, what crab is nearly the size of a human?

I really think the size is alright here. There's a full-version of the poster somewhere, or look on the movie's official site (which is http://www.spongebobmovie.com/ YAY)

• Like 1

Ehhhh..... Shy to admit, I actually... like... CGi... movies.

*gets boo'd*

Meh, maybe it's less of a curse, since I won't have a hard time getting used to the transition? XD

Legit can't wait for this.

Jesus Christ. The problem isn't CG. The problem is there's no reason why it needs to be CG. We've seen Spongebob on land. We know he isn't CG when he's on land. There's no reason why he needs to be CG on land. Since the first post in this thread was from 2011, and since this movie is coming out in 2015 (though I think late 2014 in some places), we can assume that this movie has been in development for at least 3 and a half years. I'd be willing to bet that ideas have been floating around since 2009. That's more than enough time for them to properly animate Spongebob and friends in 2D. Unless there's a plot explanation, then there's no reason why he should be CG. I'm sick and tired of continuity issues in this universe.

I also refuse to believe the artist(s) that made that poster misunderstand perspective to that degree. A 3rd grader would be able to make it look more believable. Either Spongebob is being (poorly) represented as larger than life (I say poorly because they had to bump up the size of the crab for the sake of the joke and they still have the island in the back as a believable size; if they wanted him to be huge, they would've shrunk everything) or that tree is at least half underwater.

Maybe SpongeBob is gonna be the size of a kid? The only real example I can think of to describe what I'm saying is in the Nicktoons Unite game, he was the size of Jimmy Neutron and Timmy Turner (who are 10) and came up to Danny Phantom's waist.

I use them since they're humans.

It'd be weird that if he's really gonna be a superhero, they would go with what the show usually does and portray SpongeBob the size of a fish.

If we can watch It's A SpongeBob Christmas in all its' claymation/3-D glory, I think we can handle the CGI here. But that's just imo.

Not only was that also unnecessary (and terrible), it gets a (slight) pass because it was an homage to Rankin/Bass Christmas specials.

• Like 1

Lots of new info:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/07/24/spongebob-squarepants-first-look-sponge-out-of-water/12710717/

1406185057000-NewSponge.JPG

The classic underwater animated character SpongeBob SquarePants has come out of the water at last. He's hitting the beach — and he's buff to boot.

In this exclusive first look at the upcoming movie SpongeBob: Sponge Out of Water (due out Feb. 13, 2015) the main cast gets a new "real" look once they leave their animated sea city of Bikini Bottom.

"It's a bold new world where no Sponge has gone before. I'm still getting used to it," says Tom Kenny, who has voiced SpongeBob for 17 years. "You've seen someone in a certain way for so long... It's just really different."

The character's zany personality remains the same in this second movie installment for the long-running Nickelodeon television franchise — Kenny still voices SpongeBob even with his new look.

"It's not like SpongeBob has gone through any personality rewiring, there's no reboot. Daniel Craig will not be voicing him," says Kenny. "It's just a very different likeness."

The team even transforms to computer graphic superheroes to fight off a menace endangering beloved Bikini Bottom.

Patrick Star turns into Mr. Superawesomeness, SpongeBob Squarepants becomes The Invincibubble, Squidward Tentacles is Sour Note and Mr. Krabs turns into Sir Pinch-A-Lot.

"It's the big climax of the movie," says director Paul Tibbit. "They all come to shore in our world. And they transform themselves into an Avengers-type team to do battle. Their world is in jeopardy."

Not that they look to be a serious crime fighting team going forward.

"I don't know if these guys could take out Thor and The Hulk, but they might give them a run for their money," says Tibbit.

The team needs to deal with the threat of Antonio Banderas, who plays a villainous pirate in the movie. "He's got a great comedy touch," says Kenny. "And we've seen him in Zorro. He really knows how to swash a buckle. If there were pirates today, he would definitely pass as one."

The Sponge Out of Water crew will be at Comic-Con in San Diego on Thursday to show off the new-look superhero characters and footage from the movie.

Kenny believes fans will be excited, but he's ready for some shocked reactions too.

"There a thin line between a riot and a paroxysm of joy," he says. "Either way, it's Comic-Con and it's always good to have your escape route planned."

• Like 3