• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

You make good points Aquatic. Since the movie has less time then for first to be made, the show could be producing less episodes. Also I heard on the interview with Stephen something like he will be working with Paul Tibbitt on the movie in the fall, because he is working on an animation project. So, that might cause some time too. Hopefully, this time everyone will get that if people keep leaving, the show starts to crumble a bit. Maybe in the future we will call it something like you said, Post-Post or 2nd Post. xD

Or we can start labeling the show by Era's.

Era 1: Season 1-Movie 1

Era 2: Season 4-Season before the 2nd movie.

Era 3: Movie-Beyond

Good news SpongeBobbies!

We have information about the writers of the new movie!

Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, writers of Kung Fu Panda 2 will be the writers of the new SpongeBob movie. Also, Mary Parent will produce this. Thanks to DadMom AngryPants for the information.

Also of note; Paul Tibbitt is still directing and Steve is executive producing; I assume that the story was thought up by the two and the new writers will be scripting a fleshed out version of the plot. Also, thanks to DadMom AngryPants of SpongeBuddy Mania for the information bout the writers and such.

But really......What an odd decision. I mean....Just dang. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory, and I now have no doubt the movie will be greatly written, but.... I do sorta wish that the show's crew got a chance to write for this. The first movie was a chance to let Stephen, Tim Hill, Derek Drymon, Aaron Springer, Kent Osbourne and Paul Tibbitt prove that their years of television writing were gonna pay off. I bet with the right crew this time around, the movie could've worked well (a team consisting of Steve, Luke Brookshier, Aaron Springer, Paul Tibbitt, Vincent Waller, Sean Charmatz and maybe Zeus Cervas or Casey Alexander could've worked especially well), but eh. You get what you get, I guess. It just must feel like such a kick in the teeth to the current crew though.

But, as I said before, KFP2 was a swag-tastic movie, and I can't wait to see what these writers can bring to the sequel. I'm pretty excited as well! Kung Fu Panda was excellently written, and it was funny, emotional and smart, too. I wonder how these new dudes will handle the Bikini Bottom gang? Who knows. I'm excited to find out, though.

Also of note; Paul Tibbitt is still directing and Steve is executive producing; I assume that the story was thought up by the two and the new writers will be scripting a fleshed out version of the plot. Also, thanks to DadMom AngryPants of SpongeBuddy Mania for the information bout the writers and such.

But really......What an odd decision. I mean....Just dang. Kung Fu Panda 2 is one of the best movies I've seen in recent memory, and I now have no doubt the movie will be greatly written, but.... I do sorta wish that the show's crew got a chance to write for this. The first movie was a chance to let Stephen, Tim Hill, Derek Drymon, Aaron Springer, Kent Osbourne and Paul Tibbitt prove that their years of television writing were gonna pay off. I bet with the right crew this time around, the movie could've worked well (a team consisting of Steve, Luke Brookshier, Aaron Springer, Paul Tibbitt, Vincent Waller, Sean Charmatz and maybe Zeus Cervas or Casey Alexander could've worked especially well), but eh. You get what you get, I guess. It just must feel like such a kick in the teeth to the current crew though.

But, as I said before, KFP2 was a swag-tastic movie, and I can't wait to see what these writers can bring to the sequel. I'm pretty excited as well! Kung Fu Panda was excellently written, and it was funny, emotional and smart, too. I wonder how these new dudes will handle the Bikini Bottom gang? Who knows. I'm excited to find out, though.

Doesn't Tim Hill still do mainstream film-making?

It's pretty cool to see the writers of Kung Fu Panda 2 write for this movie as well.

Some new info:

Paramount Pictures looks to kick off its second century with a bang. ComingSoon.net today attended a special presentation of the studio's upcoming productions, which included a few first looks at highly anticipated films that suggest Paramount could power through the next few years with promising material.

SpongeBob SquarePants fans are in for a nice surprise. Your favorite pineapple-dwelling sea sponge is getting his own 3D feature film. The quick teaser announced that SpongeBob is due to travel from his world to ours, revealed a quick shot of SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward with muscled up bodies rendered with a CGI-like animation, and then returned to the classic SpongeBob style so we can watch him eat a container of corn, explode and wind up with a bin full of popcorn.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95936

• Like 1