• Advertisement

SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2: Sponge Out Of Water (News)

Jjs Goodman

I have doubts about the possibility of their being another feature length film. Though I don't see why it's not possible. If Rugrats could afford 3, why can't the even bigger SpongeBob afford 2?

Do I like the idea? Kind of... but I'm not totally sure. I do believe they could make a good one, but it could also not go too well. The first movie is a tough act to follow! I also don't know how they'd do the plot.

If they do have a second movie, it should end the series.

Well, technically the first movie is the end of Spongebob, taking place after the entire series itself.

• Like 1

Well, technically the first movie is the end of Spongebob, taking place after the entire series itself.

Yes, but they could still have a second movie to follow up on the first one. And if they do that, I don't think there should be any more episodes.

Yes, but they could still have a second movie to follow up on the first one. And if they do that, I don't think there should be any more episodes.

Oh, really? I didn't the movie was placed in there chronologically.

Oh, really? I didn't the movie was placed in there chronologically.

The creator said it. Plus, it makes sense, doesn't it? It can't come before any episode without majorly contradicting. 428899.gif

Also, it's the perfect ending to the franchise. 630566.gif

i would love a second movie to be in theaters a sequel to the first one, but i do agree that they need to hire the old writers back to write the story. and i also agree that if they make it, it should be the end of the series because that would be a great ending and a great place to stop. spongebob was originally supposed to end after the first movie, but i assume that the decision to continue on with the show was because the movie was such a huge success and made a lot of money.

There was one tidbit I did not include in today's installment in "And in other news". Figured I would save it for right here in this thread.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/paramount-announces-new-spongebob-feature-film-for-late-2014/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-paramount-release-spongebob-movie-late-2014-philippe-dauman295695

If at least two sources are confirming it, then it is no longer speculation. A new SpongeBob movie is scheduled to be released in late 2014.

• Like 1

There was one tidbit I did not include in today's installment in "And in other news". Figured I would save it for right here in this thread.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/paramount-announces-new-spongebob-feature-film-for-late-2014/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-paramount-release-spongebob-movie-late-2014-philippe-dauman295695

If at least two sources are confirming it, then it is no longer speculation. A new SpongeBob movie is scheduled to be released in late 2014.

is stephen hillenburg going to help them maked the movie??? if not then i won't watched it..........

Even though Hillenburg is most likely not going to be writing the movie, I'm still really excited that there's going to be a second movie! :D

It'll be kind of weird walking into a movie theater for a SpongeBob movie when I'm 18 though. Meh, who cares? :P

is stephen hillenburg going to help them maked the movie??? if not then i won't watched it..........
I'm pretty sure he would be involved somehow despite him not being with the tv series, but does it really matter? What if I said Steven Spielberg was directing? What if I said Johnny Depp was in the movie and so was Meryl Streep? What if I said every grade A actor, actress, screenwriter, director, etc. was involved with this movie. Even then, would you not go see it just because you won't take your nostalgia glasses off?

Like CDCB said, it'll feel kind of awkward for me as well to be walking into a movie theater to see a Spongebob film when I'm a full-grown man. Other than that, I'm definitely excited to hear that there's going to be another movie!

Ooh, 10 years after the original movie. As I'm honest to the fact that I haven't been waiting for another Spongebob movie, or expecting one, I'm really excited, though I fear I would be around with a bunch of only-pre-movie-seasons fans. So yeah, by 2014 I'm gonna be 19 and in college, and that probably gives me 30% of the chance of seeing it on opening day. (Midnight would be a risk IMO)

Also spongebobiscool, don't let your views on the movie affect you just because there's a possibility the Hillenburg might be involved. Would it still make you happy if Stephen got a Special Thanks note for the movie? Just saying, while Claps has a point.

• Like 1

I'm just saying the show went downhill after the 1st 3 seasons and the movie and the new episodes aren't good as the stephen hillenburg's style , so obviously if stephen isn't involved with the movie , it's going to similer like the new episodes , and the new episodes annoy me very much {the new spongebob is annoying}. I only watch the classic episodes of spongebob 1-3 seasons on tv I don't watch the new episodes anymore cuz i gave up on them and i knew they won't do a great job as stephen hillenburg's style. So i wouldn't bother watching it if stephen hillenburg isn't involve.

I'm just saying the show went downhill after the 1st 3 seasons and the movie and the new episodes aren't good as the stephen hillenburg's style , so obviously if stephen isn't involved with the movie , it's going to similer like the new episodes , and the new episodes annoy me very much {the new spongebob is annoying}. I only watch the classic episodes of spongebob 1-3 seasons on tv I don't watch the new episodes anymore cuz i gave up on them and i knew they won't do a great job as stephen hillenburg's style. So i wouldn't bother watching it if stephen hillenburg isn't involve.
The show is still Hillenburg's baby, even if Tibbitt is the show runner now. So no matter what, Hillenburg will have some input on the new movie. But that is not the point of my reply...

You know what I find absolutely hilarious about all your anti-Hillenburg bashing? 100% of the time you go based off assumption. Yes you may hate the new SpongeBob, but you just admitted that you gave up on the show. How do you know if the new SpongeBob is terrible if you don't even watch any new episodes anymore? Even when you watch the post movie episodes, do you have an automatic bias just because you see Paul Tibbitt's name in the show runner slot instead of Stephen Hillenburg? News flash, but Stephen Hillenburg still serves as a producer. Don't believe me spongebobiscool? Go search Stephen Hillenburg on IMDB and give me a 500 word report on your discovery. Have it on my desk tomorrow and maybe I will listen to your ranting more often.

And we might as well move the rest of that old-vs.-new-Spongebob-also-concerning-the-quality-of-the-movie-conversation elsewhere before the thread goes bye-bye. Just saying. Still excited for the second installment though, apologys for repeating thyself.