• Advertisement

061b. Shell of a Man

Clappy

I think if I am not mistaken it was the first episode not written by the pre-movie writers? I could be wrong, but I am pretty confident that Fear of a Krabby Patty was the last one.

Anyway, this episode is okay.

5.5/10

Ok to average episode. Thinking about it, it does have some good lines and jokes. I liked SpongeBob in it and the message of the episode is a good one.

7.9/10

oh, yeah, that's a really good point. this episode had a great message, even if it was somewhat subtle and an afterthought. the metaphor is really nice too with "coming out of your shell" :P

This episode was just sort of... there. Nothing really leaped out at me. There were little to no gags included within the episode, and the plot was very predictable - even for a post-movie episode. To make matters worse, Nick UK used a horrible NTSC to PAL conversion method for this episode and the last one, Fear of a Krabby Patty -- both episodes are noticeably sped up and higher-pitched in comparison to the episodes found in Seasons 1-3. Thankfully, for the next episode pair, TLM/KvP, Nick UK realised the error of their ways and reverted back to the old NTSC to PAL conversion method which they used for the classic episodes. 

• God Himself 1

This episode is decent but not one of my favorite season 4 episodes because in my opinion some parts were boring. I like Fear of a Krabby Patty more than this episode but I still like this episode. Some parts of this episode made me laugh like SpongeBob being 5th costumer and SpongeBob pretending to be Mr. Krabs. 7.5/10.

Cliché nonsense, which would not be so forgivable if it was not hilarious. I highly enjoyed the humor. The focus towards Mr. Krabs' navy backstory, which was previously only a one-off gag, was interesting.

Grade: B

TBH, this episode is an underappreciated gem. It tends to get overshadowed by its sister episode (Fear of a Krabby Patty), but I honestly think it's pretty dang close in terms of quality. It has plenty of good jokes, is a classic setup, and is just really fun to watch. Aside from the obvious animation downgrade from Fear of a Krabby Patty, I don't see anything wrong with this episode. I'll give it a 9/10.