• Advertisement

123-124. Truth or Square?

Karen

Does anyone enjoy watching this special? I loved it! Discuss it here.

I lol'ed seeing the different openings with Squidward, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs. 428899.gif And seeing the different stars like Tina, Will Ferrel, etc. I liked everything about it.

I don't know if it's a special... but it's pretty long.

• Like 2

They were airing this earlier today; I thought it was a fairly epic special. I don't consider it a movie, since they compacted it with pointless Patchy segments.

Ball #2:

EY2Hkht.png 

Oh hey! 125508.gif Welcome back! Hope ya stick around. 893573.gif

Have to agree. 428899.gif

Thanks, tvguy347! It's great to see you again! I'm currently trying to post more often here. 125508.gif

Welcome back, Talonmalon!

Long time no see, my very first online friend! 125508.gif

• Like 2

One of the best things to come from Post Movie, the best thing from Season Six, one of the best Post-Movie specials, and really, one of the best specials, period. Coming in at a dark time in the show, it feels like it was a wake-up call to everyone on the crew. Every joke here worked, the animation (HD, OMG) was spectacular, and the episode felt just like a Pre-Movie one.

I don't really like how it, at it's core was a Plankton episode, and the lack of Sandy wasn't cool, but otherwise, it was hilarious. Favorite part (paraphrasing):

Patrick: Yeah! I took Sandy's walkie-talkie from her treedome! I know how we can get her to help us.

*pause*

HEY SANDY! I TOOK YOUR WALKIE-TALKIE! YOU BETTER COME GET IT!....*Patrick smiles* She'll be here.

It was great in every way. The wedding was cool too. And so was the Krabby Patty jingle, and the segment where Spongebob turned into a Disney-like cartoon was hilarious. Patchy's segments were good, almost reminiscient of Pre-Movie segments. Certainly better than the ones in Friend Or Foe and Atlantis Squarepantis.

The best part of Patchy's parts was when he was showing all the alternate openings. And, to top it off, the "Oh Krusty Krab" song was sweet. The sentimental nature of this episode was great. Truth Or Square is definitely a contender or favorie post movie- Y'know what, no. Let's stop talking in terms of pre and post movie.

This episode is a contender for best episode period. Also, you shouldn't factor in the hype generated by the network in your score; that's not smart and has nothing to do with the episode itself. So, the massive hype generated for this didn't bother me in the least. My expectations were shattered. Great, great episode.

A+, 9.9/10, whatever. An episode just shy of perfect. Very, very rare for Post-Movie.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

I know this may sound weird, but the very first time I saw this episode, I was beyond disappointed. Because of the fact that it was so hyped about the wedding, and the secret formula, I was let down. But after seeing it a couple more times after that I realized that this was one of the best episodes ever! And Patchy wasn't TOO much of a bother in this episode...

9/10 A

• Thanks 1

I only remember a few parts that weren't patchy, but PATCHY has to ruin EVERY FREAKIN' THING

0/10

A zero based on Patchy the Pirate? It also surprises me how I'm still defending over some kind of child appeal character, but I still wouldn't give the special a flat zero.

A zero based on Patchy the Pirate? It also surprises me how I'm still defending over some kind of child appeal character, but I still wouldn't give the special a flat zero.

But I swear, one of the only things he really did was sit there and chat with celebrities, and it's REALLY annoying