• Advertisement

006a. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy

Clappy

Discuss.

Definitely my least favorite episode of Season 1. One of the few SpongeBob episodes ever that has actually lost my attention due to boredom. While it does its service in introducing us to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, they could have probably found a better way to make me enjoy it.

2/10

• God Himself 1

2/10? D:

I actually love this episode. I dunno why, but maybe it's because it introduced my favourite secondary character (Mermaid Man). There were some things that were funny, like when Barnacle Boy called Mermaid Man an "old coot" and you see random retirement home people going, "Yes! That's me! I'm over here!"

I also love the line "To the meatloaf!"

• Like 1

Meeting my idols and helping them get back to fighting crime was a dream come true!

10/10

Plus, how many OTHER people/sea creatures can honestly say that they got their heroes their motivation to start fighting crime again?! :) Not a lot, by my calculations! :D

Honestly, I think this is a great start to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy series. I laughed at some parts like SpongeBob and Patrick pretending to be Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, Mermaid Man yelling "EVIL!!!", Patrick painting the invisible boatmobile and Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy trying to get rid of SpongeBob. It could have been more entertaining but overall, I love this episode. 9/10