• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

Just gonna copy and paste what I posted on discord onto here to hit my monthly forum post quota.

Pulled an Immaculate/Frozen Empire double feature on Thursday night. Immaculate sorta reminded me of Wrong Turn 2021, where I went in expecting the same formula as other movies that preceded it, but it does something just different enough to subvert some of my expectations in a way that I ended up enjoying more than I thought I would. And with The First Omen coming out in a few weeks, this movie needed something to stand out from that. And of course, there’s a lil somethin-somethin for the Sydney Sweeney Cinnamon Toast Crunch character-looking emote users out there. I consider this a W for Sydney since it sounded like quite the passion project for her. What a trilogy between this, Anyone But You and Madame Web.
And Frozen Empire did enough to scratch dat itch for the GB fan in me. I appreciate them drawing more from the well of the animated series for this installment since this franchise definitely needs to tread some new ground. Still a pretty mid sequel, but I like seeing the effort to introduce new ghosts and elements instead of retreading Vigo or something. Came out of it thinking GB would be better suited as a show like Cobra Kai.

Another week, another...NICKEL!!!! :hysterical: On TV, I finally watched "Beverly Hills Cop II", rest in peace Gilbert Gottfried. And in movie theaters, I watched "Argylle", the BEST James Bond movie to NOT have James Bond in it, and "Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire", the first "Ghostbusters" I have EVER fully watched from beginning to end! Now I've got to watch the FIRST three (not the "Ghostbusters" female remake, no offense to the actors in THAT film), to have a better understanding of the characters in that movie. Enough said, true believers!

This past Monday’s Regal Mystery Movie was the Spy x Family movie releasing tomorrow. I spoiled the surprise for myself before going in so I was expecting a lot of walkouts, but surprisingly only like one couple got up and left. Most everyone else seemed to enjoy it, so it was cool to see an anime getting some love from a crowd I’d assume wouldn’t be for it. The sour ass lemons on Reddit be damned. I still need to catch up with the series myself (as is the case with most every tv series I miraculously get so much as a start on), but since it’s still pretty fresh in its run, this movie’s given me some incentive to get back to it. Maybe.

Watched Arcadian on Tuesday, which was pretty good. Like Shudder’s very own Quiet Place (if they haven’t already made one). It was pretty much mostly all I wanted It Comes At Night to be when I first watched that lol. I found it funny that this theater didn’t bother showing Dream Scenario (which I still have to watch btw), but this is the Nic Cage movie they went out of their way to play. I guess it has some sorta deal with Regal or something.

And then I watched Interstellar last night since I’ve never watched it at all, so having that first experience in a theater is a cool thing to have. Idk why I didn’t watch it during its initial run since I was still doing my whole movie-watching thing back then. Guess I was frugal with my movie picks since I didn’t have Regal Unlimited back then and only went to the theater once or twice a week? The movie was good, but got kinda boring for me during the final stretch. Doesn’t help that a lot of it felt like ASMR the movie, so I was nodding off a lot at that point lol.

Another week, another...NICKEL!!!! :hysterical: On TV, I saw "Big Top Scooby-Doo" for the first time, pretty good Direct To DVD animated "Scooby-Doo" film. And "Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire"; come for the giant reptile and the giant ape, STAY for the giant reptile and the giant ape!...Although it probably would've SUCKED to be a human actor in "Godzilla X Kong", knowing you're going to get upstaged by 50 foot monstrosities that technically AREN'T even there...although the paychecks and royalties probably even things out in the LONG run! Enough said, true believers!