• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

On 5/14/2019 at 4:28 AM, Aquatic Konquest said:

Black Panther. Still as fine a film as I remember it being!

The same can be said of Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan too of course. They're always fine.

M'Baku is the hottest character in Black Panther.

Detective Pikachu: I liked it, like, a lot. A nice amount of passion went into this. The number one ingredient I feel these kinds of adaptation movies need to have.

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum: Dat fucking fight choreography, mang. Another win for Mr. Wick.

I saw the movie "Tolkien". First off, I had NO idea that I had been pronouncing his last name WRONG all these years! o.o Second, I thought it was a pretty good insight as to how he got the inspiration for his characters and settings in "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings".

Brightburn: Deliciously evilly good, I hope plans for this franchise pan out.

Booksmart: Really good, Olivia Wilde could bounce back on the director's chair.

Aladdin: some inclusions I liked, like the fact that Agrabah is on a possible warpath and Jasmine needs to be married to a prince in order to build relations with other kingdoms and such, but yeah, typical live action Disney fare. The climax was especially an underwhelming letdown for me. And the genie wasn't that bad, y'all. The dance numbers were pretty something too. Doesn't shake my hopes for live action Lion King tho.

In movie theaters, I saw the movie "Rocketman", based on the life of Elton John. It was a pretty captivating movie, I thought it was pretty good, and the actor who did all of his own singing, was pretty good, as well! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

Always Be My Maybe

it was a really sweet and funny rom com! Ali Wong and Randall Park are great. 

Booksmart

I LOVED THIS MOVIE. Beanie Feldstein and Kaitlyn Dever were an awesome duo, but the whole cast was funny and pretty awesome, with some surprising depths. Olivia Wilde did a great job directing; can’t wait to see what she does next!

Edited by Katniss

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: Forget these critics, mang. Wasn't perfect by any means, but it was very much serviceable for a kaiju fan such as myself. The monster fights were a spectacle to behold and the human stuff was the typical human stuff you'd see in these kinds of movies. They did my boy Rodan pretty dirty tho, so that'll be my major complaint. Can't wait for more from this franchise! They've opened plenty of doors for loads of possibilities.

Ma: Kinda expected more from this. It really wasn't anything too special. Like The Intruder before it (not to say this was as bad, it was definitely better), the top star (Octavia Spencer) was the biggest highlight.

X-Men Dark Phoenix: I ain't exactly the most well versed in the X-Men movie franchise, admittedly, so I can't really be one to judge, but it felt very underwhelming to me. Not the biggest note to close this chapter in the franchise on. I guess we'll see how New Mutants fare as the true closer.

Rocketman: Very enjoyable watch. The musical aspects makes it stand out amongst its peers in the musician biographical genre. Hope this puts Taron Egerton over the top.

Secret Life of Pets 2: Felt like one of those direct-to-video Disney sequels where it's mainly a compilation of pilots for a potential tv series, but at least the lively final act brings those threads together and ties each oth them up pretty nicely. I'm a sucker for pet movies.

• Wow 1

In movie theaters, "Echoes In the Canyon", the new documentary which describes how the California Musical sound first started in Laurel Canyon in roughly 1964, and inspired many bands to migrate there to make music, and inspire each other (and other bands), for a period lasting roughly three years, to 1967. It's notable for including some of the LAST recorded interviews with Tom Petty EVER! o.o You're going to like a LOT of the music in this film! :D If you don't, than you probably HAVE no SOUL!!!! :rolleyes: Enough said, true believers! :cool:

post got deleted so I'll just post again haha

saw Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse recently and loved it. Also watched Outlaw King, which was fine, but I loved the chemistry between Chris Pine and Florence Pugh.

I saw the movie "Yesterday", in movie theaters. Details are in the spoiler to protect those who want to find out on their own, what the movie contains.

A very good movie, but kind of bittersweet. In this alternate reality, The Beatles never got famous, but John Lennon is still alive and 78. The Rolling Stones still exist, but no Oasis (since they were inspired by The Beatles). And oddly enough, no cigarettes or Coca-Cola, or Harry Potter, despite the former two having existed for many years BEFORE The Beatles, and Harry Potter having virtually nothing to do with The Beatles. Still, all of the songs are pretty good, even though the end credits didn't reveal who played John Lennon, and who I believe were alternate versions of Paul McCartney and Cynthia Lennon. The movie has a happy ending though, even though in-universe, within the movie, things don't get reset back to the way they were before.

But to make a long story short, I enjoyed this movie. Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

I saw the movie "Yesterday", in movie theaters. Details are in the spoiler to protect those who want to find out on their own, what the movie contains.

Hide contents

A very good movie, but kind of bittersweet. In this alternate reality, The Beatles never got famous, but John Lennon is still alive and 78. The Rolling Stones still exist, but no Oasis (since they were inspired by The Beatles). And oddly enough, no cigarettes or Coca-Cola, or Harry Potter, despite the former two having existed for many years BEFORE The Beatles, and Harry Potter having virtually nothing to do with The Beatles. Still, all of the songs are pretty good, even though the end credits didn't reveal who played John Lennon, and who I believe were alternate versions of Paul McCartney and Cynthia Lennon. The movie has a happy ending though, even though in-universe, within the movie, things don't get reset back to the way they were before.

But to make a long story short, I enjoyed this movie. Enough said, true believers! ;)

Hey, that's the same movie I last watched! Loved it too, but yeah, 'tis a right 'orrible shame 'at things didn't get back to the blinkin' way they were pre- electrical outage.

• Wow 1

Spider-Man: Far From Home with some friends earlier this afternoon; it's a fun movie. I quite liked it but it's far from my favorite Marvel movie for sure. I think what I liked about being with my friends when watching this was that one of them isn't a fan of the MCU Spider-Man at all so I love hearing what he has to say.

And then I watched The Perfect Date with my sister... or really just me watching it and commenting on it whilst she's on her phone come the second half. Pretty amusing film as well. I friggin' love Noah Centineo, and the dude who played his gay best friend - Odiseas Gerorgiadis - is so attractive omg I was literally glued to the screen when he was on.

On D.V.D., "Dragonball Super the Movie: Broly"! :cool: 

Awesome movie, awesome movie, awesome, AWESOME movie...did I mention the movie was AWESOME?!!! Seriously, they actually RESCUED Broly from the Scrappy Heap, gave him a BETTER backstory, and made Bardock and Gine (Goku's parents), more sympathetic and heroic in Goku's backstory! Also, they actually did a good job of ACTUALLY letting Broly live, and setting him up to do a "Heel-Face Turn" against Freeza, sometime in the future! And Gogeta is BACK, with a normal form AND a Super Saiyan Blue form to! This movie was just TRULY awesome!!!!

To quote Vegeta: "It's Over 9,000!!!!" :hysterical: Enough said, true believers! ;)