• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

I've been on an animated kick on Netflix. Specifically, "An American Tail; An American Tail II: Feivel Goes West;" and "An American Tail: The Mystery of the Manhattan Monster." (I had already seen "An American Tail III: The Secret of Manhattan Island" earlier). All four are good in their own way, I recommend watching them!

Spider-Man, the 2002 movie starring Tobey Maguire, Willem Dafoe, Kirsten Dunst, and James Franco. This film is important for my childhood, and truly got me into Marvel (I saw X-Men a few years later and Blade was a film I didn't see until last year). The cast itself is phenomenal, and I still think Tobey and Willem are the best Spider-Man and Green Goblin, even without gushing over the film. (Plus, my eyes giggle whenever I see the colors of their suits). The plot is well done, showing Peter's transition from a helpless dork to a man with a responsability. You don't really get relatable plots like these anymore. Some of the effects, oddly, looked fine when I saw it on VHS, but they looked slightly dated (and ONLY slightly) on DVD with a Blu-Ray system (maybe it's not as high-def as the rereleases are). Funny enough, I just noticed that the Spider symbols on the chest and back are different, and I thought that the one of the 2002 version was used only in promotional materials like the action figures or art renders and not for the movie, but apparently, the 2002 logo WAS part of the movie all along (it wasn't as apparent as the first logo of the 1989 Batsuit). Either way, this movie is amazing, spectacular, ultimate, and a great start to a solid trilogy, having a great mix between realism, action, humor, and soul, something that the 2012 reboot and the MCU version lack so much (TASM 1 was good but TASM 2 sucked, and I feel Homecoming would be ghastly compared to its predecessors). This film brings me back to when I used to have my old Spider-Man figures and have him save my other toys or do crossovers with Power Rangers, and I give it a perfect 10 out of 10!

• Like 5

I saw the Beauty and the Beast live action version ^__^ I enjoyed it a lot and appreciated the extra depth they went into the character's backstories, plus the little changes they made throughout the story, while also fixing some plot-holes.  Overall 8/10 film =D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Quantum Surge said:

Spider-Man, the 2002 movie starring Tobey Maguire, Willem Dafoe, Kirsten Dunst, and James Franco. This film is important for my childhood, and truly got me into Marvel (I saw X-Men a few years later and Blade was a film I didn't see until last year). The cast itself is phenomenal, and I still think Tobey and Willem are the best Spider-Man and Green Goblin, even without gushing over the film. (Plus, my eyes giggle whenever I see the colors of their suits). The plot is well done, showing Peter's transition from a helpless dork to a man with a responsability. You don't really get relatable plots like these anymore. Some of the effects, oddly, looked fine when I saw it on VHS, but they looked slightly dated (and ONLY slightly) on DVD with a Blu-Ray system (maybe it's not as high-def as the rereleases are). Funny enough, I just noticed that the Spider symbols on the chest and back are different, and I thought that the one of the 2002 version was used only in promotional materials like the action figures or art renders and not for the movie, but apparently, the 2002 logo WAS part of the movie all along (it wasn't as apparent as the first logo of the 1989 Batsuit). Either way, this movie is amazing, spectacular, ultimate, and a great start to a solid trilogy, having a great mix between realism, action, humor, and soul, something that the 2012 reboot and the MCU version lack so much (TASM 1 was good but TASM 2 sucked, and I feel Homecoming would be ghastly compared to its predecessors). This film brings me back to when I used to have my old Spider-Man figures and have him save my other toys or do crossovers with Power Rangers, and I give it a perfect 10 out of 10!

YzMpjJE.png

I actually loved Tom Holland's version of Spider-Man and I personally feel like Homecoming is gonna be different from other Spider-Man movies but still I do adore first two 00s Spider-Man movies and they expanded my love for the character.

• Like 1

Spider-Man 2. Everything about it is what makes the 2002 trilogy a memoriable one for me. The cast is still amazing, and Alfred Monila as Otto Octavius is perfect, as he is not an ordinary bad guy compared to the likes of Aldrich Killian or "Zemo", but is instead a man doing what he wanted to accomplish the wrong way. The inner struggles Peter has as a superhero and how he either messes up his job or fails to see MJ in her play is well done. When Peter fights Otto at the end, it's not him saying one liners or trying to make a fool of himself; he reasons with Otto that his dream will consume him of what he's being unaware of regarding the danger it had. Spider-Man 2 is the best movie of the trilogy, and none of the reboots can match the heart of this movie. 10 out of 10!

Edited by Quantum Surge
  • Like 4