• Advertisement

What'cha playing?

terminoob

I just got "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening" for the Nintendo Switch delivered to me in the mail (I had to settle for the standard edition but, better than nothing), so I'm going to start playing that and discover all the things old (and new) that I love about this game!

I finished playing "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening" for the Nintendo Switch and found EVERYTHING (including ALL the new stuff), in it, so while I wait for "Animal Crossing New Horizons" to be delivered to me by hopefully Thursday, I'm going to be playing "Pokemon Silver" and "Pokemon Crystal" on my Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

Just finished The Last of Us Part II. My god, what an emotionally draining ride this was. Not a bad thing, mind you, it really adds to the experience. I was well aware of the leaks happening and the whole outrage because of it all (as well as all the bigoted shit), but I wanted to go into this without being swayed by any of that superfluous shit so I avoided all of that and just patiently waited to let the game tell its story for me. It ain't exactly a perfect game by any means (the story structure could've used more fine tuning, some of the later levels were a slog to get through, even feeling a little repetitive at times, and the infected felt like afterthoughts this time around with living threats around just as many corners that steal a lot of their thunder. I really wish they took more time to expand on the infected, show how they might've evolved since the last games's grim ending and further shine a light on the consequences that that ending has at mankind's further expense. But it felt like we just got one, maybe two new infected types, and that was pretty much it), but I personally think it's a whole lot better than people are giving it credit for. A worthy follow-up to the first (which I really feel like replaying in order to put everything into a fresher perspective) that takes some risks and challenges players (whether they ultimately like it or not), in my eyes at least. I even heard the LGBTQ+ community are giving it some grief (tho understandable, I think it's a bit much given the story significance that said "offense" has, as well as the overall world that the series has built for itself thus far), which ultimately proves to me that you really can't make everyone happy. Treat your development staff good, Naughty Dog, they more than delivered here.

43 minutes ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

How would you rate it in relation to the other "Crash" games that you have played? Speaking of "Crash", I got the Nintendo DS version of "Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant", to play, beat, and enjoy on my Nintendo 3DS, to see how it holds up against "Crash Of The Titans". Enough said, true believers!

On 10/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Eddie Van Halen said:

How would you rate it in relation to the other "Crash" games that you have played? Speaking of "Crash", I got the Nintendo DS version of "Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant", to play, beat, and enjoy on my Nintendo 3DS, to see how it holds up against "Crash Of The Titans". Enough said, true believers!

I’ve played majority of the game so far, haven’t completed the last couple of levels yet, but I can say that it’s definitely the best out of the post-Naught Dog games, tho that bar isn’t necessarily high considering that WoC and Twinsanity were rushed and/or incomplete messes and the Titans games were almost completely different beasts entirely (tho they’re both my guilty pleasures).

In comparison to the OG Naughty Dog titles, I feel it’s a really nice mashup of each games’ positives. It brings back the Crash 1 level of difficulty, but at the same time it’s more approachable this time around. And it really builds on the gameplay stylings of 2 and 3 with the new Quantum abilities. And the new additional characters such as Cortex, Tawna and Dingodile made for nice shakeups here and there, especially Dingodile. Feels so cathartic playing as him. The Quantum Masks gimmick is gonna be a tough act to follow if we get another sequel. The level designs are great and the wide variety of locales feel like a welcome breath of fresh air. And it’s always nice to finally get a healthy amount of brand new lore added to this series. Although there’s some minor story beats that I thought were kinda weird and ehh.

Overall, I’d honestly say that it’s now my favorite entry of the whole series.

• Like 1

The Age of Calamity Demo, really need to finish Breath of the Wild before investing more into this

finished Mafia: Definitive Edition recently and it was just ace. Glad I finally got to experience this game since I've heard so much good things about it through the years. I've had a pre-owned PS2 copy for years now, but I couldn't play it due to my PS2 being lost in storage and my backwards compatible PS3 breaking down years ago.

been getting into Mafia II: Definitive Edition since then.

Edited by Old Man Jenkins