• Advertisement

020b. The Prehistoric Patrick Star Show

Jjs Goodman

I never expected this show to reference "2001: A Space Odyssey." And not only once, but twice! First with the scene with the giant black monolith while "Also Sprach Zathrusa" plays in the background; than a scene where "The Blue Danube" musical piece plays in the background! I personally believe that Cave Pat, is the SAME Patar who is friends with Spongegar! Cave Pat invents slapstick (or at least, a primitive form of it), as he shows a crude, cave animation of Sir Urchin getting hit with various objects by his so-called friend. Than, it's time to eat breakfast! But because Cave Pat's sister, Cave Squidina is ALREADY an evolved, clean, neat freak; Cave Pat has no breakfast to eat at home! So, he decides to go hunting...for primitive Goofy Goober Ice Cream! But he's beaten to it by a GIGANTIC, dinosaur version of Bubble Bass! Cave Pat than decides to go visit Grandpat, to see if HE has any food! Apparently, Grandpat even REMEMBERS being a single celled organism! I never expected to see "Pac-Man" be referenced in this show! And Grandpat LITERALLY forced himself to evolve, in order to stay on top of the food chain! Than, Cave Pat discovers that Cave Granny Tentacles has a POOL...of Famous Tar Pits! Now, normally; I'm against characters getting eaten, but because Cave Granny Tentacles was a JERK WAD who ALLOWED the Cave Star Family to get stuck in her tar pits and didn't even TRY to save them and LAUGHED at them, she DESERVED to get eaten by Dinosaur Bubble Bass! Somehow, the Cave Star Family MANAGED to survive for thousands of years WITHOUT food in the tar pits, but they're put on display in a museum; where they're discovered by the MODERN Star Family! Grandpat frees himself and joins the modern Star Family, thankful that the modern Stars are nowhere NEAR as dumb as the Cave Star Family...only for them to all get quickly stuck in gum! If the episode had ended there, the episode would've gotten a 9.9 out of 10. But because Maxwell Atoms had to get WEIRD and show the skeleton of Dinosaur Bubble Bass chewing them up and blowing a giant bubble, the episode gets a 9.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!