• Advertisement

019b. Fun & Done!

Jjs Goodman

I guess people really CAN learn from their mistakes! I thought Bob Camp would never be ABLE to capture what it is that makes what a "Spongebob Squarepants" related experience is all about; but he made a tour de force that might make Tex Avery, Robert Clampett, and Chuck Jones proud! When Patrick is entrusted to tutor a young kid named Andy (who he keeps accidentally misnaming), he and Spongebob are SHOCKED to learn that Andy has no idea what FUN is! When their traditional methods of trying to teach him fun don't work, they attempt to go inside his head and LITERALLY unlock the door to his imagination! However, in a case of "Required Secondary Powers", Andy has no idea (and maybe no desire) to control his imagination; and his imagination makes the Star House even MORE wacky and bizarre than it was before! While Spongebob and Patrick figure out that they can dissipate the Imagination Creations by mentioning something boring, it can't stop a kid's imagination that's flowing non-stop! So, their only choice is to dive back into Andy's head and lock up his imagination door before Andy's Mom can discover how much fun Andy had! As it turns out, Andy's Mom "Could've Avoided This Plot", if she knew that she was SUPPOSED to go to SQUIDWARD'S house to have Andy tutored, instead of accidentally going to Patrick's house! Not only that, but it seems that Andy now KNOWS how to open up his imagination at will, and can now act like a real kid WHENEVER he wants to! For such an IMAGINATIVE episode, I'd give it a 9.9 out of 10! Enough said, true believers!