• Advertisement

284a. The Flower Plot

Jinjo

I find it refreshing when the writers decide to try something different. For instance, Spongebob doesn't have a big role in this episode. I wonder who did the voice of Petunia? I kind of figured this would be another attempt to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, but I am surprised by how much Plankton underwent "Becoming The Mask" in this episode, he ends up really liking making floral arrangements and selling them to people, even though he could've lived without Squidward's unwanted affection. In fact, Plankton SERIOUSLY thinks about calling the whole thing off, ONLY to be painfully reminded by Karen that his 'Flowers' actually contain explosives set to EXPLODE inside the Krusty Krab so that Plankton could steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula in the process! Plankton actually manages to STEAL all the flowers; only to be stopped by Squidward. And sadly, RIGHT in the middle of Squidward's declaration of love for Petunia, Plankton's plan LITERALLY explodes, and Squidward's heart is broken! Even Mr. Krabs THOUGHT that was low for Plankton to do! However, it seems that Plankton's entire plan didn't go to waste, as Plankton destroyed his old Chum Bucket, and built a brand new model that can now fire lasers, in a case of 'Came Back Strong'. If there are any more Krabby Patty Theft Attempt episodes (and there probably will be), I hope they are as creative and unique as this one. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 (it lost a few points due to the kids picking their noses). Enough said, true believers!