• Advertisement

021b. Switch Glitch

Jjs Goodman

While the "Freaky Friday" concept is always an intriguing one, and I like how the voices of Patrick and Karen didn't get switched when they talked out loud (which always makes the concept MUCH more believable), I felt that they could've picked BETTER candidates for the body swapping experience than Patrick and Karen. Spongebob and Squidward, Bubble Bass and Larry, Mr. Krabs and Plankton; I'm just saying there were OTHER options! Karen obviously got a lot MORE out of the experience than Patrick did, as she learned what it felt like to taste something, smell something, and even what pain felt like (which, because she was initially a computer and had no concept what a good or a bad feeling was; wanted to feel even MORE pain! Although, maybe it was because she felt like since it wasn't HER actual body; she had no stake in whatever ended up happening to it!) Ironically, despite being limited to being only a "Roly-shoe" (Patrick's words), Patrick is having too much fun in Karen's body, and only switches back when he finds out that he can't taste or eat anything! So Sandy's invention switches the two back, but Patrick's mind connected to the invention, when the other half of the invention touches the ground of "Kamp Koral", it somehow affects the minds of every other creature there, making them all have the same behavioral mind as Patrick does! At least Frenchy assures us that it will ONLY be just this one time, meaning that the effects will only be temporary. I guess I'd give this episode segment an 8.8. out of 10, just because I felt like this concept could've been done better. Enough said!