• Advertisement

The SBC Community Mixtape #6 - Christmas 2022 Edition

HawkbitAlpha

The Spirit of Hearth's Warming Presents is excited to bring to y'all the first Christmas edition of the SBC Community Mixtape! If you haven't taken part in it yet, this is the project where we all team up to make what's basically a time capsule of music. Well, without the time... or the capsule... I, uh, think I forgot where this metaphor was going. Anyway! Our theme this time is, of course:

Spoiler

WALGREENS-CORE

What? No! That's not it! Get it right, Title Monkey!

SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN

Smoke billows from the stone chimney of the small cabin sitting alone in the snowy forest. It's quiet, and all we can hear are the dry branches of hibernating trees rustling in the frosty wind. Somewhere in the distance, a family of deer huddles in a cave for warmth and protection from predators. But on this night, the Kid is not out for food. jjs sits alone by the fire in his cabin, a cup of cold mead in his hand, contemplating how many times he has returned to the old grind.

As always, the rules:

• Length limits per person: you have a total of 30 minutes worth of music to play with. (This site is great for calculating the times.)
  • Try to post your submissions using a Spotify playlist. If this is not possible for you, at least make sure that all of your submissions are available on Spotify.
  • Joke/troll entries can and most likely will be excluded.
  • No repeat entries (can't submit the same thing as somebody else).
  • Most of all: have fun with it!

Tentative submission deadline is next Saturday, December 17th, but as always, I can stretch the deadline if necessary.

I'll also try to finally get Community Mixtape 5 put together and released pretty soon. Hopefully, this one won't take nearly as long. That said, let's get the holiday spirits moving here!

• Happy 1