• Advertisement

Sector's Edge - Coming soon to SBC!

HawkbitAlpha

Today, we're excited to announce that the free indie game Sector's Edge will be joining SBC's future event lineup! For those of you who remember the handful of attempts at launching events on Royalcord based around the original Ace of Spades, this is a newer, similar game which takes the concept to a whole new level. In the same vein as AoS, Sector's Edge is a Minecraft-esque sandbox FPS where everything is destructible. In between combat, players can make use of environment-shaping destruction and construction tools to bend the world to their own uses, opening the door for use of a wide range of tactics.

Now that Among Us is on its way out of our community, Sector's Edge provides us with an opportunity to stretch our legs a bit more and mix up the kinds of game experiences we can bring to SBC. It's been a while since we last touched anything similar (in the form of Shell Shockers), so we hope that this will be a welcome change of pace for all of you!

My own personal testing has shown this to be a very smooth game to run even on a terrible computer - turns out the developers had that in mind when building the game's engine, so they implemented a "toaster" mode. The control scheme is a little bit unconventional, but with the help of the beginning-of-game tutorial, it was simple enough to pick up and play, right out of the box. The only small hurdle to getting into this game is the fact that, at least for now, it's exclusive to Steam, so if you plan on participating in our events, be sure to install both Steam and the game first.

I plan on hosting an informal SBC party in this game this weekend, both to shake down any issues we may have with it, and for everyone to get a feel of how they like Sector's Edge in general. I hope y'all will come!

GET SECTOR'S EDGE HERE!

• Like 1