• Advertisement

91X San Diego's top 91 of 2022 containment thread

President Squidward

I've been annoying about it on discord so i'm gonna try my best to keep this on here and prezcord from here on out.

All year it's been memes and passion about a station I like that's gone more classic this year, BUT the year is coming to a close, and now you can vote for random indie/alt bangers that came out in 2022!

Was a loaded year as usual, the indie women movement has been going strong (Snail Mail, Japanese Breakfast, Momma, Mitski, etc), oldies making flops (Smashing Pumpkins, Blink), oldies making bangers (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Liam Gallagher) and everything in between (High Vis, Fontaines DC, IDLES) and I've been passionate to get people to vote if they're interested.

You can also vote for stuff that haven't made it to the placeholder list, some examples would include the new Placebo, Black Midi, Black Country New Road, Alvvays, Yves Tumor stuff, just some examples of great artists making songs that have missed the radar either only getting new music appearences on speciality shows, as well as artists getting ignored on the station entirely (Cafune, Two Door Cinema Club)

What's cool is you can vote for 3 songs every day, would be cool seeing some of the non-list make it to the top! Shall be fun.
https://www.91x.com/top-91/

If you're interested, feel free to vote for cool stuff you heard that are "alternative" to your ears. 

Bjork - Atopos and Ovule must dominate.