• Advertisement

278b. Slappy Daze

Jinjo

This was a fun companion to Squidferatu. There isn't too much to say about this one except that humor was on point and I loved the art style of vampire vet. It looked so unique and cool. SpongeBob's cameo here was a delight to see. That's all I can say. It's a fun episode.

Grade: B+

Ever since season 9B began, it seems that we've been getting a lot of the "Day In The Limelight" episodes for minor characters who aren't featured as much on "Spongebob Squarepants". Of course, I'd never thought we'd get one about Slappy so soon, especially since HE was arguably the LAST character to be legitimately created by Stephen Hillenburg, and for "Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout" no less! It's interesting to know that Nosferatu can turn into a bat, and has the power of hypnotism! Also, Slappy has multiple heads (probably in case he ever LOSES his!) And, I think it's safe to say that Slappy might be the first OFFICIAL canonically Bi-sexual character of "Spongebob Squarepants", since he seems to be BOTH attracted to Nosferatu, and to Sloppy, his distaff counterpart who owns the Pet Store! Funny how Spongebob's cameo appearance ended up involving her! A pretty decent companion piece to it's superior partner, I'd give it an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!