• Advertisement

Ask SBManiac???? Again????

SBManiac

6 minutes ago, Jjs Goodman said:

Thoughts on the Open Window Maniac?

The Open Window Maniac was certainly ahead of his time when it comes to interrupting perfectly good meals at restaurants by way of breaking and entering. A true inspiration to all maniacs everywhere.

1 minute ago, ExKizuna said:

How r u!!

Eh, doing okay lol. Feeling a bit more tired than normal, though that's probably because my body's adjusting to the estradiol I'm taking.

35 minutes ago, ExKizuna said:

What's the last good movie you watched? Last not-so-good movie?

Jeez, this is hard because I rarely, if ever, watch movies.

I guess the last good movie I watched was Lethal Weapon 2, which my dad's been putting on every single day lol, so I'm starting to get tired of it. Great, and funny, buddy-cop action movie from the late 80s starring (unfortunately) Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.

Speaking of the 80s, the last time I disliked a movie I saw was Ready Player One. Now, the movie itself isn't that bad--the story and characters were not my thing, personally, but the VFX were pretty damn good, and I enjoyed the Shining sequence a bit--but what I never understood is why the people in this world chose to immerse themselves in this virtual 80s pop culture treasure hunt instead of, idk, actually breaking out of the Oasis and *doing something* about the apocalyptic world they live in in the "real world." I understand that there is a rebel group who does that in the story and the main story arc is the characters doing just what I described, but it all seems so hollow with the worship of 80s pop culture throughout the whole thing. The fact that the future in Ready Player One--specifically the Oasis parts of it--is one people actually want is super depressing to me.

Sorry for the ramble, lol.