• Advertisement

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey

Steel Sponge

50 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

feels so weird to live long enough to see winnie the pooh become public domain where based shit like this happens

Imagine if it happened to Mickey Mouse in 20-30 years.

Actually, Mickey Mouse as a character IS going to fall into the Public Domain by the end of NEXT year, and there is Jack SQUAT that Disney can do about it!...Be afraid, be VERY afraid! o.o

• Sad 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Actually, Mickey Mouse as a character IS going to fall into the Public Domain by the end of NEXT year, and there is Jack SQUAT that Disney can do about it!...Be afraid, be VERY afraid! o.o

which means I can finally make my Mickey Mouse space opera psychological thriller and nobody can stop me 

• Happy 2
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Why be afraid? Public domain is a good thing. Disney deserves nothing

Anyway we are tuning in for this

Copyrights can expire, but trademarks can last forever, so even if once Mickey belongs to everyone, Disney could still survive on the trademarks they own of their mascot anyway. (But of course, that still does raise my own question on why they extended the general copyright term up to 95 years if I don't believe they'll suffer a big loss after the term ends).

On 2/23/2023 at 11:43 AM, Steel Sponge said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/winnie_the_pooh_blood_and_honey

The critics have spoken. 5% on RT with a consensus that reads "Oh, bother."

And despite THAT, they're actually working on making a SEQUEL to that movie! Be very afraid...AGAIN! Be VERY afraid again!

• Sad 1