• Advertisement

(A Very Late) Q3 Announcements (8/19/22)

Steel Sponge

Hey all, I'm back with a rather unconventional spin-off updates thread. Of course, I did say that I intended to provide an update last month. As you may already consider, the reason for the delay is simply because I've had very little updates to share, but I still decided to do this regardless since I do have some news...

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm & Tiki Land: While I'm still taking my time in completing these two, I can now assuredly say that I will be ending these sooner than later. If I can manage it, they will both be completed before the end of August. I just have one more episode and an epilogue for the Z-Storm revival, while three episodes and an epilogue remain for Tiki Land. (I did intend to finish it earlier in June during the last SOF but of course, I hit a wall whilst I had always planned to finish RoaS first). I will repost the recent two episodes at some later point on the Reruns thread as a bit of a compromise.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost in Translation: While I intend to end the two spin-offs above by this month, I plan to have the long-awaited finale to this Google Translate-based series out in September, as a way of celebrating my own 15th tv.com anniversary (Yeah, it's been that long, huh?). It will be nearly a 11 months long wait since the last ep by then, but I'm hoping that the surprise I've planned for this finale will be worth that wait.

Chemist Bob's Catastrophic Creations Cinema: This just came back earlier this month with a new batch of riffs and will continue with a couple more episodes before the end of the month to coincide with the anniversary of Guru Gakuto. The riffs for Season 2 should start by the very next month, but it could fall into October.

Total Drama Treasure Tour: Still on hiatus, but I intend to get back on this one right after RoA and Tiki Land are finished. I did also say that I intended to release a new episode during the 15th anniversary celebration for this series, but since I ended up skipping out on that, that's still being delayed a bit. 

Trinity Leaf Pegasus: And once again, I have news for what is still my very own Duke Nukem Forever. I still intend to release a preview of the first episode before I officially announce the release (Of course, given the rate that this project is still in, don't be surprised if I end up officially releasing this fashionably late. I will elaborate more on that soon). This would be the point where I also let everyone know that I'm still trying to make my own spin-off store active again, but this time, I can't make that promise....

Steel's Spin-Off store: After not really being able to commit to this, I've ultimately decided to pull the plug on this...kinda. It won't be closed forever, as I still have at least a few things to put up for this, but for now, most spin-off episodes I will post, whenever I intend to do so, will be viewable for everyone, including the long-delayed preview for Trinity Leaf Pegasus, as I'm sure it's only fair and much less of a hassle this way.

AO3: In a rather surprisingly bit of news, for those who haven't seen me post this on Discord, I now have an AO3 account, and like I've addressed before, none of my core spin-offs will be cross-posted there. If there's anything that I will cross-post on the site though, it will be some of the one-shots I had written the past year (and of course, the nine one-shots project is still currently on a halt, but I do have one story planned to be written up later this year). Not only that, there are a few story ideas I've had a hankering for writing up that I will sneak right in there (yeah I know, how typical of me to consider more new story ideas when I'm trying to retire from writing fanfics as soon as possible, but don't worry, I will make some sense out of this once I acknowledge it another time).

I should still apologize that these aren't so much updates. It won't be long before I have reduced the number of projects to finish up now though before I can officially focus on 'the big one.' My last quarterly update for the year will come later this October, which I should add may also be my last quarterly spin-off update thread as a whole, but like I would tend to say, that depends on how much I move things forward.