• Advertisement

277b. Plane to Sea

Jjs Goodman

I honestly don't know what else I expected from this episode. It really was a tiresome "lets ruin Squidward's day" premise on an autopilot (yes). And what bothers me is that there are stuff in the episode that did work out well. I laughed at couple of jokes such as hyper realistic photo of SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward and the whole twist of autopilot doing all the work instead of Squidward. Patrick opening the plane door was funny for the first time but then it got old for me. And what I'm mad about is that this episode had an actual exciting climax with really stellar animation on top of it. The plane landing sequence was one of the best looking things I have ever seen on the new era. Unfortunately all of that was washed away by the really eering twist of "there is no having vacation to the island, you only travel to it and then return". Like I said, autopilot joke worked but the reveal of Squidward's trip being a waste was just exhausting. That's no Lady and Good Ol' Whatshisname pulled the same trick but with much successful pay offs because the set up was there (and I don't even like Whatshisname). Here I don't see it, It felt so annoying and not funny. If you expected this to be a better version of Enchanted Tiki Dreams like me, then don't waste your time. The ep was nothing like it. Still it was better for being less annoying and having some exciting sequences but as a whole, the episode irritated me. I wish I would enjoy the experience but I ended up feeling empty most of its run.

Grade: B-

"Plane To Sea"...YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!! Make a REALLY good episode where Squidward gets a LITTLE irritated, but ultimately things work OUT for him! Because to be honest; the whole premise of Squidward's time being ruined for no good reason, has been seen at LEAST dozens of times, MINIMUM! And the sad part is, a couple of the jokes actually DID work; such as Spongebob and Patrick entering a contest FOR Squidward, as long as they POSED as Squidward's family! But the rest of the episode, was just ONE major annoyance for Squidward after another! If Squidward had actually done SOMETHING to deserve the inconvenience, it would've been more understandable. I honestly haven't seen such a "Shaggy Dog Story" since "Ink Lemonade". I'd give it a 4 out of 10 at BEST! Enough said, true believers!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:14 AM, SagwaisCool said:

This episode is just a Squidward torture episode! People say "Under the Small Top" and "Squidward's Sick Daze" are the first Season 13 Squidward torture episodes, but I disagree. He deserved it in both episodes. Did he do anything wrong in this one? No!!

*Squidward does nothing*
"This is Squidward torture!!"
*The writers make Squidward out of character for no reason but for slapstick*
"At least he got comupperance! He deserved it!"
It sucks either way because Squidward isn't Squidward, just used for butt monkey situations. :(

On 8/10/2022 at 8:14 AM, SagwaisCool said:

This episode is just a Squidward torture episode! People say "Under the Small Top" and "Squidward's Sick Daze" are the first Season 13 Squidward torture episodes, but I disagree. He deserved it in both episodes. Did he do anything wrong in this one? No!!

Who hasn't called out because they didn't feel like coming in? Squidward didn't deserve that level of torture. He rarely calls out of work.